So apparently, I guess that Farangs on here aren't the only people upset by caps refusing passengers

HoudiniXLogic

This Thai high school student just had enough of it also.

http://www.clipmass.com/movie/519869047425454

No props to the grandma at the end trying to diffuse the situation with the "mai pen rai" attitude. Guess us bitter farangs arent the only ones.

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/07/01/video-furious-high-schooler-sits-front-cab-after-being-refused-passage-back-home

Yes, many people, both foreigners and Thais, are getting more and more frustrated by this...

Honestly doesn't bother me too much. I think the system needs to be flexible for both the consumer and the drivers.

I understand that some drivers might be near end of shift, or don't want to head to a particular area, or etc. There are some legitimate reasons for them to refuse fares.

The good part is there is almost always another taxi just around the corner.

What I dislike is when they DO want to take the fare but try to gouge you and refuse to use on meter. This happens every night around the clubs like RCA where they WANT to take me but insist on me paying more than the meter would cost.

Yeh I was asked for 600 baht from Man U Ramkemheng match to Thonglor the other night. It cost 80 Baht going. Good luck to the cowboy. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Yeh I was asked for 600 baht from Man U Ramkemheng match to Thonglor the other night. It cost 80 Baht going. Good luck to the cowboy. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Fairly normal for large events and the high prices are not reserved for farang. Many Thai friends of mine always complain about the cost of getting back to the city after they see a concert at Impact / Muang Tong Thani

I live out Ramkhamhaeng way and work/play on Sukhhumvit. I have a car so usually don't have to rely on taxis, but when I do have to get a taxi, none of them want to go to or from this area. I understand this as it can take up to 90 minutes so I assume that 120-160 baht fare is not enough to cover what could be 10-15% of their working day for one trip. What does annoy me is when a taxi will refuse to go shorter distances, eg Sukhumvit 23 to 33. This i find hard to defend.

I try to avoid parked or waiting cabs in places like Oh Nut or Silom at night. Like Phuket's Tuk Tuks they seem to feel they should be compensated for their time sitting on their <deleted>. Walk through them and flag one down where possible.

• Like 2

Every Thai person I know is also very annoyed by taxi drivers. It's not just farangs who get the "too much traffic I can't put the meter on" nonsense.

Thats pretty contradictory because the meter tends to run up like hell when theres actually too much traffic.

Case in point: that turn from viphawadee-rangsit into chaeng wattana. Been there from JJ once when there was no traffic by that turn and the fee was 110 baht when I got to the Govt complex. Went there another time and there happened to be a train crossing the tracks, meter went up to 160 by the time I got off at the govt complex.

Every Thai person I know is also very annoyed by taxi drivers. It's not just farangs who get the "too much traffic I can't put the meter on" nonsense.

Thats pretty contradictory because the meter tends to run up like hell when theres actually too much traffic.

Case in point: that turn from viphawadee-rangsit into chaeng wattana. Been there from JJ once when there was no traffic by that turn and the fee was 110 baht when I got to the Govt complex. Went there another time and there happened to be a train crossing the tracks, meter went up to 160 by the time I got off at the govt complex.

It's not contradictory. When there's a lot of traffic they never want to put the meter on. Standard BKK taxi driver nonsense.