Trip to Tarutao

Gatorade

I'm thinking of taking a trip from Samui to Koh Taratuo sometime early next year.

It seems the easiest way to get there from here is ferry to Donsak and drive to Satun and leave the car there.

However I'm not happy leaving the truck unsecured for a few days, I know it's a long shot but wondered if anyone else has done this?

and if there might be a secure parking area there?

Any other thoughts/ suggestions gratefully received.biggrin.png

I was in Lankawi for 5 days the last October.

Driven from Phangan to Satun, left my brand new car at the parking of the Pinnacle Satun Hotel, with a tip for the security man.

The day after I took a taxi to the terminal (10 Km far).

The terminal has a large parking, but I don't know about the night surveillance.

I will go to Tarutao the first week of this August. I will tell you something :-)

Moved, should get more visibility,

Hi Anguid

Many thanks for the reply. Did you stay at the Pinnacle?

Wondered why the post has been moved and where to, since it it is a trip relative to travelling to/from Samui where I live.

Yes. I spent one night at the pinnacle. Normal 10/15 year old style hotel. Cheap.

Yes, you travel from Samui, but the infos about Satun, Tarutao are definitely related to the South of Thailand or Travel forums. You should get a bigger audience too.

I have parked my Ford Explorer at the large parking lot right by the ferry building. One time for about 5 days, another 2 days. No problem but that was maybe 6 years ago. Did not see a security specific to the parking lot but if such there be good idea to give him tip in advance with more to come on return.

Driven from Phangan to Satun, left my brand new car at the parking of the Pinnacle Satun Hotel, with a tip for the security man.

The terminal has a large parking, but I don't know about the night surveillance.

I will go to Tarutao the first week of this August. I will tell you something :-)

Can't wait to hear about it! This is one place I'd really like to visit.

• Like 1