Thai air to NZ?

sms747

I don't fly that route, but taking sample dates at ITA Matrix and Seatguru, both websites came up with the Boeing 777 for BKK to AKL on Thai. You may want to double check with the airline before you book your flight.

• Like 1

I think they stopped the flight via Sydney as not much use.

Emirates do a flight To Syd then Auckland its a 777 Not too bad for legroom Im 180 cm and overweight yet still feel comfortable on their flights every 6 months.The onboard service is good too, plenty of booze

Thai fly direct using modern-ish 777 ER200.

Overall a good experience (certainly by Thai standards).

My only real complaint is that the air-con struggles and so it can get a little hotter than I would like (there are no personal ceiling fans you can adjust).

Edited by Katipo

777-200s fly the route, as other posters have correctly stated. I believe the current flight frequency is 5 times per week. Despite reports that THAI was going to increase flight frequency on the Bangkok-Auckland route to daily back around the time of the Rugby World Cup in 2011, this never happened.

My only real complaint is that the air-con struggles and so it can get a little hotter than I would like (there are no personal ceiling fans you can adjust).

That has nothing to do with the 777, I can assure that the air con is not struggling, it is a Thai crew issue you are dealing with there.

For starters, the out side air temp is about -40'c to -50'c for most of the time that plane is flying, the air is actually being warmed significantly and pressurized by bleed air via a mixer. (B787 the exception) There are control's in the cockpit to control the air temp then the cabin crew can control the temp in section a few degrees warmer of cooler from the master setting by the pilots.

Thai's are notorious for feeling the cold, ever noticed that?...... so they make it warm for them selves, and you feel hot and stuffy and pissed off when on THAI flights.

Often on other companies it is the other way around, and as cabin crew are "working" walking around, doing "service" etc, they feel hot and turn it down. Another reason is on some budget air lines , it is often turned down so you have to buy a blanket where the crew get a commission on that sale.

• Like 1

That has nothing to do with the 777, I can assure that the air con is not struggling, it is a Thai crew issue you are dealing with there.

For starters, the out side air temp is about -40'c to -50'c for most of the time that plane is flying, the air is actually being warmed significantly and pressurized by bleed air via a mixer. (B787 the exception) There are control's in the cockpit to control the air temp then the cabin crew can control the temp in section a few degrees warmer of cooler from the master setting by the pilots.

Thai's are notorious for feeling the cold, ever noticed that?...... so they make it warm for them selves, and you feel hot and stuffy and pissed off when on THAI flights.

Often on other companies it is the other way around, and as cabin crew are "working" walking around, doing "service" etc, they feel hot and turn it down. Another reason is on some budget air lines , it is often turned down so you have to buy a blanket where the crew get a commission on that sale.

Not going to argue in the air con issue but I have one commen/question to make.

You say that Thais feel the cold so turn the heat up!

Have you ever been on a Thai bus? BKK BTS? Been in a Thai cinema?

All freezing!!!

Your argument my good friend is flawed!

On a THAI B777 is it up to the staff on the actual flight what temp it is. Do you think the pax choose?

What other suggestion do you have why it is so hot on these flights, a THAI Ghost did it?

With them coming from a country that declares an NATIONAL EMERGENCY when the temp hits +15'c, I think they have more than a bit of history of not likely the cool.