The Brasserie - the best Live music in Chieng Mai.

Chiengmaijoe

Anyone know where Took is playing now. Miss him at Brasserie

When I was at Brasserie two-three weeks ago, Khun Took said he was playing once a week there, and trying to start earlier than before. He said (at that time) that he was going to play on Friday at around 23:00. I'm not sure if Friday 23:00 is to be a regular occurrence unfortunately, but unless anyone else chimes in with more info, I guess you could check it out this Friday and report back here.

Tooks problem has always been that he revels in his own reputation and behaves accordingly. He thinks because hes a "rock star" its OK to keep his audience hanging around forever until he feels like playing.

People who behave like that, and I include some "real" rock greats are tiresome for me! No doubt Tooks a great guitarist, but hes not that great that you have to sit there religiously sometimes for a couple of hours until hes "in the mood" !!!

Tooks problem has always been that he revels in his own reputation and behaves accordingly. He thinks because hes a "rock star" its OK to keep his audience hanging around forever until he feels like playing.

People who behave like that, and I include some "real" rock greats are tiresome for me! No doubt Tooks a great guitarist, but hes not that great that you have to sit there religiously sometimes for a couple of hours until hes "in the mood" !!!

I don't know the man, but during my very brief exchanges with him I can't say he has given me the feeling of being anything other than a reasonably friendly and down to earth guy.

His sets have in the past started too late for me to hear them most of the time, but it's obviously up to him and not me if he wants to start them at 01:00 or 22:00, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Has he regularly announced that he will play at 22:00, but then only sauntered on stage at 01:00 or 00:00, after everyone has been waiting for a couple of hours?

His sets have in the past started too late for me to hear them most of the time, but it's obviously up to him and not me if he wants to start them at 01:00 or 22:00, so I'm not really sure what your point is. Has he regularly announced that he will play at 22:00, but then only sauntered on stage at 01:00 or 00:00, after everyone has been waiting for a couple of hours?

My point is the one you just confirmed!! Took is a perfectly reasonable man to talk to but even when his audience is ready and waiting he "saunters onstage" whenever he feels like it, and thats just not professional !! Even the likes of Eric Clapton ( and Took aint him !) dont disrespect their audience !!

Took plays with soul,so he starts playing when he's ready.

So wheres the relevance between "having soul" and "playing when hes ready".......very funny, dont get that at all, perhaps I dont "have soul" !!!!!

In the old days I saw Otis, Marvin Gaye, Aretha, Four Tops, Temptations, dont remember them turning up when they felt like it !!!

I ve got no problem with Tooks music as such, just cant be bothered to hang around for two hours waiting for him when you know hes there already !

My point is the one you just confirmed!! Took is a perfectly reasonable man to talk to but even when his audience is ready and waiting he "saunters onstage" whenever he feels like it, and thats just not professional !! Even the likes of Eric Clapton ( and Took aint him !) dont disrespect their audience !!

As far as I know, he has not committed himself to play at any given day or time. Was CM, or even just his own place, full of posters announcing he would play Friday at 22:30, and he instead sauntered on stage half-drunk at 01:00, after sitting by the bar and feeling up groupies for the last hour or two, you'd have a point. As it is, your point makes no sense to me I'm afraid. I cannot see any disrespect in this behaviour from the man, and cannot understand why anyone would. As somebody else said, it's not like anyone has bought a ticket to see him play at a given time on a given day.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Brasserie closed a few months ago.

But Jeed the owner (aka "Blues Mama") was going to re-open a new Blues Bar very soon.

Everything was looking good, but two weeks ago she got serious sick.

She got Dengue Fever and had a cerebral bleeding.

Now she is getting better but the costs for the Hospital are extremely high,

Thats why all the local Blues Musicans are organizing a Benefit Concert to help her:

12141792_917624804940123_445429124343865

12079102_995634300492982_609749118535625

More information: www.facebook.com/events/911188445627339/

If you have the possibility to join there, please go and enjoy the fantastic Blues Bands.

Most of Chiang Mai's top Blues Stars will be there.

All receipts and donations are for Jeed.

She did a lot for the Chiang Mai's Blues Scene and now she needs our help.

(If you want to send money, there is also a Bank Account on the Facebook Page)

Best regards

Moesi

Edited by Moesi66

What is the URL of the Facebook page related to sending money?

And yes, I would also like to know if Took showed up, and a report on the overall evening.

I have a topic on the benefit here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/862161-benefit-concert-for-jeed-brasserie/

Details are in the FaceBook link posted above.

Some photos of the benefit concert here - http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/social-pics/benefit-concert-at-thapae-east/