Two injured as tire blowout causes pick-up to crash into Jomtien Restaurant

Rimmer

Two injured as tire blowout causes pick-up to crash into Jomtien Restaurant

car-1.jpg
PATTAYA:--Early on Monday Morning a Mitsubishi pick-up suffered a tire blowout causing it to plough into the front of a restaurant in Jomtien which was thankfully closed or investigators tell us fatalities would have occurred.

The incident occurred on the Sukhumvit Road in Jomtien just before 2am on Monday and resulted in the truck driver, Khun Yutana aged 22, sustaining minor injuries with his female passenger, Khun Arisara aged 20, coming off far worse. Both were taken to Banglamung Hospital for emergency treatment.
Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/95429/injured-tire-blowout-pick-up-crash-jomtien-restaurant/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-07-16

So he rolls a pickup truck off the highway and into a restaurant and the police don't plan to charge him with any offence? "Perfectly understandable old chap. Could happen to any of us". How about speeding, careless driving and drink driving for a start? Or does he have a Hiso get-out-of-jail-free credit card?

So he rolls a pickup truck off the highway and into a restaurant and the police don't plan to charge him with any offence? "Perfectly understandable old chap. Could happen to any of us". How about speeding, careless driving and drink driving for a start? Or does he have a Hiso get-out-of-jail-free credit card?

Maybe you are being a bit harsh?

Youth and inability / inexperience to control after a front tyre blow-out?

Panic in an inexperienced driver could easily result in this and on Suk road it is faster than, say, beach road.

If they had smelt alcohol on his breath maybe they would have had some charges to bring.

I cannot see careless driving with a front tyre blow-out to be honest.

Normal tyres under normal use never 'blow out'. That only happens in Formula 1. I seriously doubt that a tyre was even punctured here. "My tyre blew out" is a standard explanation in Thailand when a vehicle ends up on it's roof. That way it's nobody's fault - just bad luck. And another thing, if it was you or me hanging from the seat belt inside a trashed restaurant, I doubt if the cops would be quite so understanding given the financial basis of policing here.

Also, look at the photo which shows the front tyres. Does either of them look "blown out"? Or even flat? And of course there's no way in the world that a rear tyre failure would roll a car.

Edited by Spalpeen