Whiskey bottle fight at Thai karaoke bar leaves 1 dead

webfact

Whiskey Bottle Fight At Karaoke Restro Leaves 1 Dead

bottle1.jpg

TRAD: -- A man was shot dead after he reportedly smashed a whiskey bottle into the head of another patron at a karaoke bar in Trad province. Another man was also shot in the face but survived.

The incident took place at a restaurant, which also serves alcohol and offers karaoke services, called U-turn Karaoke, in Mueng District.

Ms. Nid Nimsan, 30, the owner of the place, told our correspondent that the shooting took place after midnight. The victim reportedly arrived with a group of 5 friends, sitting on a table on one side, while the suspect was with his 3 friends and sitting on the other table.

Later that night, Ms. Nid said, the victim walked around a lot, shirtless and drunk. The suspect reportedly warned a friend of a victim that he should look after his drunken companion more carefully.

After a while, Ms. Nid said, the victim suddenly smashed a whiskey bottle on the head of the suspect, causing him to pull out his gun and shot the victim in the head. As the victim’s friends rushed in to help, the suspect allegedly shot at the group, hitting the cheekbone of Mr. Thapakorn Kol-rean, 21.

The suspect later fled the scene on a black Toyota pick-up truck.

Ms. Sunaree Tansomboon, a waiting staff at the restaurant, told the police that the suspect is a dark and skinny man and should approximately 178 cm tall. The police suspect that the gun used in the scene was a .32 mm pistol.

The police are still searching for the suspect.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNM016azFOekUxTXc9PQ==

-- KHAOSOD English 2013-07-16

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are Thainess at its best rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Quite right. I believe the last recorded instance of a white man getting pissed and lairy in a public space was some time in early February 1932.

the victim walked around a lot, shirtless and drunk. Yep very Thai. RIP drunk shirtless Thai guy.

ok, simple solution - BAN whisky selling in glass bottle, all alcohol have to pack in plastic bag.

And how will this solve the gun problem?

ha ha ha . . . I think this Thai logic works :- ) if not, oh plastic gun too !

no wonder, my wife always warn me - stay away from trouble, Thai guys may have gun !!

• Like 2

"Ms. Sunaree Tansomboon, a waiting staff at the restaurant, told the police that the suspect is a dark and skinny man and should approximately 178 cm tall."

Thank god there was a witness, that should narrow the search down considerably.

The only thing the witness left out was "dark hair" blink.png

"Ms. Sunaree Tansomboon, a waiting staff at the restaurant, told the police that the suspect is a dark and skinny man and should approximately 178 cm tall."

Thank god there was a witness, that should narrow the search down considerably.

The only thing the witness left out was "dark hair" blink.png

And Cambodian

• Like 1

"Hey man, lets go our for a drink, and have some fun", "Good idea, just a minute, let me get my gun"!

Well I guess that is pretty much what happens in the U.S.A. !smile.png

I realize the truth isn't too welcomed here,

BUT

I've heard of more bar shootings in bars in TL

than i did in Los Angeles.blink.png

In my experience, Altho some people have guns

almost no one carries one.

They are at home locked away,

or if in the country, one in the car locked away.

People forget how large the US is.

and even within just a few mile of LosAngeles, there are mountain lions, bears, (no tigers, oh my) and other critters. Right before I left the US, there was a report in Orange County (basicaly a suburb of Los Angeles) of a woman who was attacked by a mountain lion while she was out jogging on a hillside trail. And in the woods there are other dangers.. so a gun can be a pretty handy item to have, because the nearest help maybe hours away. Esp if you're in the country.

Hiphop areas, ghettos, economically depressed areas, and area of high drug use, are sort of a "urban wilderness"

and have its own sets of dangers. but those areas are small in relation to even just the cities

let alone the US countryside.

But you want to visualize the US cities with everyone packing, so go right ahead. I dont even know why I responded.rolleyes.gif

• Like 2

Are Thainess at its best rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Ah, stereotyping judgemental bitter farangness at its best.

It's satire..........get a life.

LoooooL - you mean a life which sees me stalking net forums and telling complete stranger to 'get a life'? Yeh, that's satire. LoooL. Oh the sweet, sweet irony.

I am surprised under the strength of the current evidence available that there has been no statement from Chalerm from 200 miles away, saying that the motive for the murder is clearly related to an argument involving adultery and that at least 100 000 baht was involved in the blackmail of the man who struck with the whiskey bottle and that the man who was shot in the cheek was clearly a drug mule for the deceased. Furthermore it is likely the dead mans parents are involved in a dog smuggling business. Yours sincerely Chalermlock Holmes.

How about Australia Jim, we are not allowed guns, rifles or pistols and we have all these dangerous animals like kangaroos, koalas, snakes, killer magpies etc, it`s now wonder a lot of us want to move to TH where it is safer.giggle.gif

Thailand appears to have its sights set on becoming the new Wild West, demonstrating once again just how cheap life is regarded here, and, as noted in an earlier post, is adding daily content to the 'Thainess' that its overseas students are being asked to spread around the world.

Seriously though, this sort of self-destructive behaviour has been exhibited in many other countries in the past, and history shows that when the authorities (the police..!?) fail to deal with such decline appropriately, it can bring a country to its knees.

Foreign investment in Thailand will continue as long as such investors feel that it is a safe place for their employees (and their money) to be; if they feel that the country looks like becoming another Philippines, then its importance as a business "hub" will simply fade away and investors will look for an alternative.

Perhaps this is just the opportunity that Myanmar (Burma) needs.

Edited by GeorgeO
  • Like 1