Can I pay PEA-electricy bills using SCBeasy or credit card?

chris26be

Living in Ubon the electricity is provided by Provincial Electricity Authority. The things on their website one needs to know, aren't in English...

So my question: can I pay my bills using SCBeasy or by credit card online (as I do for TOT bills). If so, what's the correct procedure?

If you check the billers list at SCB you will not find PEA as a listed biller.

The only thing you can do is go to your PEA office and have them give you a direct debit form to take to your home SCB branch and institute direct debit for your electricity payments

I'd be very surprised if PEA accepted anything other than cash - they are a Dinosaur organisation in common with many others in LOS.

First PEA bill we received some years ago was quite high and, being short of cash, we went to the local office and I offered an HSBC cheque issued by our Bangkok HSBC branch.

When we were told "cannot", I insisted on seeing the boss and after some discussion with her staff she declared that the cheque was worthless as it was not "Thai" because it was issued by the "Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank" - in both Thai and English!

We stood our ground for a while longer until she finally agreed to take the cheque if we paid her 200 Baht - needless to say we declined her kind offer and ever since have paid by cash to our local village meter-reader..........................

Where possible, I pay all my bills either by SCBEasy or via the barcode scanner on SCB ATMs. Unfortunately, PEA is NOT available for this facility which is incredible given that it's a nationwide utility. I therefore pay either at the Tesco Service Desk of any store or at a 7-11.

Interested to learn how you pay TOT bills online. My phone line is TT&T but the bill comes from TOT. So far apart from visiting TOT office all I've found is 7-11. Tesco although they say they can always fail but are OK for PEA and PWA.

True Online I try and pay via their website but it getting so difficult with their new (atrocious) website which is so slooooow it's easier to go to their desk in Tesco or Big C.

DTAC post-paid mobile is the only one that for me is easy-peasy, via Kasikorn online banking or DTAC website and Credit Card.

This the answer I have just received from SCB. They don't seem to know that PEA is NOT in their biller's group :)

Regarding to your email, we'd like to inform that you can make a payment to PEA electricity bill, and you need to add PEA electricity to biller list before pay the bill as follow;

Go to payment & e-bill >> My biller list >> Add from Biller Group >> and search Biller

Best Regards,
Wisa Teppruek
SCB Easy Call Center

PEA has no online payment through any bank I believe. Certainly not Bangkok Bank.

7-11, Big C and Tesco are the only good options. I had been paying at local net cafe but they don't do it now.

It is the same for paying water bill from PWA.

I pay True Visions with online banking.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to bring up an old forum post and topic, but it was this thread that made me go into pea and switch over to direct debit...

I have a question. I live in Krabi Province. Last month I already changed over to direct debit, and I was informed that it would be taken out of my bank account on the next month's bill.

I received my bill in the post box as normal, and noticed that down the bottom of the bill that the two barcodes have gone. I showed it to a Thai friend, and she read the Thai, which replaced the barcode area, and it said that this account is now under direct debit.

However, it is now Dec 1st, and the bill was issued on the 24th, the same as every month in this area. Used to have to pay before the 2nd of the next month in 711.

The money has still not been taken out of my account. No direct debit yet. I will call PEA tomorrow, and try to decipher/interpret/listen to what they will say...

But for now... Does anybody know what the date is that PEA normally authorizes their direct debit transactions?

Be a little more patient. I don't expect Thai banks to do things on the day they are supposed too. They are on Thai Time not your time. My electric is deducted on the 25th of each month and the meter is read on the 28th of the month

Based upon how mine works you will probably have the bill that was written on the 24th deducted from your bank account on or about the 28th or 29th of December. One of the advantages of direct debit is that you can "play the float" with their money, unlike the monthly billing where they want their money almost immediately after the meter is read

I pay TOT online using Bangkok Bank internet, it is not available on SCB. Only MEA can be paid online, not PEA. I've asked many times and always get the same answer, SOON! Been getting the same answer for the last 8 years.

• 5 months later...

I have lived in Ubon since 1994. For 16 years I have had my electricity deducted directly from my SCB bank account. The same is done with TOT and TTT telephones accounts I have at my house, the council water bill, the UBC then and now True television and my AIS mobile phone bill. Everything is directly deducted from one of my SCB bank accounts. I have never had one single problem with all of these direct payments. Very easy to set up in Ubon.

I tried to set up direct debit with PEA. All seemed so simple, but 3 months and not a single successful payment was made. I gave up after that and just pay at Lotus. This was nearly 2 years ago, things 'may' have improved but from what I read it's still 'hit n miss'