Best reshipping/consolidation company from the US?

jaideeguy

It seems like there are a lot of 'sharks' out there in the reshipping/consolidator business and very little regulation from the government. I've been researching the many companies begging for us to sign up with them and recently found a couple of websites that expose and review rip off companies and all have problems.......mostly in customer service and lots of non delivery. Try http://www.sitejabber.com and just googling the companies complaints or reviews and you will see a lot of dis satisfied customers and a few 'satisfied' clients that reek of 'shills' .

shipito.com has been mentioned on thaivisa before, but I'm having issues with them already.......they asked for a $10 sign up fee and then there were some address issues and they don't answer phone calls.

I have an amazon shopping cart just sitting and waiting for an address to ship to and shipito has my $10, plus a lot of time and long distance calls wasted.

Can anyone suggest a reliable reshipper service??

Edited by jaideeguy

• 8 months later...

Can anyone advise which postal method option is best on shipto for delivering a an item that is 12Kg and (18cm height x 56 Width x 79cm Length).

I would like if possible to avoid customs charges on what is already an overpriced item.

I just use the same MBE (now UPS Store) I've used for 25+ years, they unpack it to look used, stage several items to go together along with junk clothes from the opshop next door, send docs separately $5 per box above the usual rate.

Also pay my bills, forward by email or fax for time-critical docs (e.g. jury duty, DL renewals).

And helped me keep my physical location private, my banks etc don't know I've even left.

One in every neighborhood, get to know the franchisee personally is best.

this is for leaving thailand?

I am considering sending garments to thailand, which can be purchased in thrift stores here for .50 to 1.50 and sold in thailand to vendors for 150 baht to 500 baht, and they will still double and triple their money.

talking tee shirts with US logo's ie. NIKE, NYPD, Abercrombie,

things the thais seem to crave and americans toss out,

was going to ship US postal service

I am considering sending garments to thailand, which can be purchased in thrift stores here for .50 to 1.50 and sold in thailand to vendors for 150 baht to 500 baht, and they will still double and triple their money.

It is just a reshipping company. You buy stuff online and that get send to that address and your bills if you have some go there too. So it sometimes looks like a real address some use it to hide the fact they left Thailand. So they can collect higher benefits or benefits from the state. Others use it so they can order stuff in the states from companies that wont ship to Thailand. Sometimes they combine shipping so its cheaper.

It is just a reshipping company. You buy stuff online and that get send to that address and your bills if you have some go there too. So it sometimes looks like a real address some use it to hide the fact they left Thailand. So they can collect higher benefits or benefits from the state. Others use it so they can order stuff in the states from companies that wont ship to Thailand. Sometimes they combine shipping so its cheaper.

so, it isnt easy to get things to thailand, but if timing isnt a priority, but reliable shipping is, things will get to their destination, every time? its just a matter of patience and price?

and everything makes it or things get "lost" in customs?

so, it isnt easy to get things to thailand, but if timing isnt a priority, but reliable shipping is, things will get to their destination, every time? its just a matter of patience and price?

and everything makes it or things get "lost" in customs?

I don't use a shipping company but buy a lot online on ebay and such. I have yet to loose a package, sometimes I have to pay taxes but in general I don't.

I hear it has a lot to do with where you live, I for instance live in the suburbs of BKK and give the postman a JW red or black label once a year at new-year. But its always the same guy that delivers. I think shipping companies are just as good as getting it direct. Maybe a better option if you can't get people to deliver to you. I have never really looked into it.

• Like 1