Thailand, lowest unemployment in the universe.

Loptr

I saw this chart on another site and thought to post it here.

It appears that Thailand has the lowest unemployment rate in the known universe.

If I were from Greece, I'd be heading to Thailand

20130715_jobs.jpg

BS. I know several people in Thailand who are looking for work. I see lots of shiftless drunks doing nothing in Isaan.

I see lots of people barely making it with food carts or bringing farm produce to local markets. That's "employed?"

Where's my BS flag?

BS. I know several people in Thailand who are looking for work. I see lots of shiftless drunks doing nothing in Isaan.

I see lots of people barely making it with food carts or bringing farm produce to local markets. That's "employed?"

Where's my BS flag?

Here you go

post-157118-0-30948900-1374074797_thumb.

Perhaps some knowledgeable person could tell me what the figures of low unemployment are based on. Is it:

% of population of said country

% of certain age groups of said country

% of actual tax payers of said country

% of people employed in registered companies of said country.

Or is it just another bunch of numbers, displayed as statistics in a pretty graph to impress.....................someone!

Its not a trick question, I really am interested

• Like 1

Perhaps some knowledgeable person could tell me what the figures of low unemployment are based on. Is it:

% of population of said country

% of certain age groups of said country

% of actual tax payers of said country

% of people employed in registered companies of said country.

Or is it just another bunch of numbers, displayed as statistics in a pretty graph to impress.....................someone!

Its not a trick question, I really am interested

Not 100% sure but UK figures are based on the number of people who are actually registered as unemployed for the purpose of claiming benefits or whatever.

Don't know how that would work in Thailand,

When you consider how numbers seem to be generated by Thai government officials, the head count for unemployed has always raised a lot of questions. The self employed footpath stand people are not in the system, high season tourist related workers, what about monks/novices in temples, farmers who have 1 rice crop/year, those working on commission, business which uses piece work pay for labor, etc

There is such a high % of the Thai's who are never registered nor covered by the unemployement system, how they can even offer a unemployed number is amazing.

This is a Thai thing that I do not understand, but little importance really seems to be asigned it it.