Short Cuts

skippybangkok

Hi,

My mid -60's mother has recently upgraded to a laptop ( she never really knew how to use her desk top - outside of mailing ), and is starting to "really get into it". Can any one tell me 2 things

1. How can I send her a little folder via e-mail, that when she clicks on teh folder in the e-mail, it will save on her desktop (screen) so she can click it open and follow the links / or keep them for later on the desktop

2. How can I make a clickable thingy, that if she clicks it, it will save on her explorer favourites.

For those of you who have tried to teach mid-sixty parents later in life how to use a computer, you will understand the complexities.

Thanks

Hi,

My mid -60's mother has recently upgraded to a laptop ( she never really knew how to use her desk top - outside of mailing ), and is starting to "really get into it". Can any one tell me 2 things

1. How can I send her a little folder via e-mail, that when she clicks on teh folder in the e-mail, it will save on her desktop (screen) so she can click it open and follow the links / or keep them for later on the desktop

2. How can I make a clickable thingy, that if she clicks it, it will save on her explorer favourites.

For those of you who have tried to teach mid-sixty parents later in life how to use a computer, you will understand the complexities.

Thanks

hmmm, scratching my head and mentally reviewing all the applications I know to help you, but I can't find a solution...

Can't you simply send her a mail with the links you want her to click and write "Dear mum click the blue text ...bla bla and the browser should start automatically.

Rofl I know, you are allowed to send me to hel_l :o

Sorry.