People and their Pickups in Thailand (images)

Ron19

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are a few from our road trip to Nong Khai last year. biggrin.png Road trips are never boring in Thailand - you just never know what you might see!

Welcome aboard and thanks for posting these photo's.They are exactly the sort of thing I had in mind when starting the thread and people are amazed at the different pick-ups and their loads.

Spoonman, Google is not giving a god result, any links for a site for next years dates. Interesting pick ups.

You couldn't have searched very hard.

A simple search in Google for 'Burapha Bike Show' brings up numerous youtube videos and links, all that tell you the event is held in Pattaya every February (the 2013 show was Feb 15-16).

That would indicate that you are going to need to wait until Feb 2014 for the next one.

You would also have learn't that in 2013 it moved to a new larger venue at the Silverlake Vineyard. Chances are it'll be there for 2014.....

If you use Facebook then perhaps start by joining this group. They will no doubt be promoting the 2014 event and if you are on their list you'll hear about it. https://www.facebook.com/events/493154937376425/

Hope that helps!

Great photos and thanks to all who contributed. I am viewing in Australia and now homesick for Thailand especially up country. Not much to look forward to here very boring driving along side shiny almost new trucks and pick ups (utes here) most obeying the rules. Cant wait to get back next week!

Here are a few from our road trip to Nong Khai last year. biggrin.png Road trips are never boring in Thailand - you just never know what you might see!

Top marks, WaatWang. I was really amazed with your last pic so I took the liberty to blow it up. Take a good look, folks!clap2.gif

post-79704-0-10989100-1381396242.jpg

post-50669-0-79528600-1381461693_thumb.j

Sugar cane being hauled out of our fields about to go to the factory. Both trucks grossed out at nearly four tons -- not bad for one ton pickups. The red Toyota's front wheels would lift off the ground when he pulled away and when he changed from first to second gear.

post-50669-0-56292500-1381463190_thumb.j

Happy to say that I am not the owner and was not the driver of this Tata. The picture was taken outside our local town police station where they park all the wrecks. I thought someone had taken the engine and gearbox out but on a further inspection, I found them where the passenger seat should have been. Still want to buy a Tata ?

attachicon.gifTata - 22.06.2012..jpg

Happy to say that I am not the owner and was not the driver of this Tata. The picture was taken outside our local town police station where they park all the wrecks. I thought someone had taken the engine and gearbox out but on a further inspection, I found them where the passenger seat should have been. Still want to buy a Tata ?

Rumour has it he hit a chicken crossing the road ... broken wing ... but it survived ... rolleyes.gif

Archived