Getting married in Krabi next year, need some Hotel advice :)

Peteinbkk31

Hi,

I'm living in Bangkok and my brother plans to get married in Krabi next year .... He has whittled it down to 3 Hotels that do packages in Krabi ... Could I ask for any advice of the good people down in Krabi to suggest which is the better hotel, or maybe you have been to a wedding there .......

The three hotels are Ao Nang Resort, Ao Nang Villa resort & The Sheraton Ao Nang ........ Has anybody stayed here or been to an event here ??? What is the best looking hotel out of these 3, I suppose the nearest to the beach ...... I would travel down there and look myself but my wife is 5 months pregnant so can't do that at the moment.

My brother just needs a little bit of local advice as he is a little worried about sending a deposit to a hotel he has only seen in pictures on a website ......

Thanks in advance

Peter

I would say no to both the Ao Nang Resorts.

First off, the beach at Ao Nang is just o.k., and those resorts are 3.5's. Ao Nang itself............well just a bit of the tourist trap hell.

The Sheraton is actually in Khlong Muang so the party will be a bit secluded over there, and on the same stretch of pretty nice beach is the new Beyond Resort (may want to look at that) and Naka Manda (really nice Boutique Resort with an interesting strip of sand featured in one of the Hairbrain movies, oops I mean Hangover).

The Sheraton is probably the nicest resort in the area, but if budgeting look at Beyond and Naka Manda.

• Like 2

Yes GOM is right, the Klong Muang cost is nicer and hotels right one, i ve, personally, a week end at the Beyond Resort last year with my wife and recommend it.

I also suggest to have a look at some other resorts on Tubkaek beach.

• Like 2

I've stayed at the Sheraton and it's nice. Special tip, avoid Mercure like the plague.

That little section of road now hosts a few hotels.

At the base of the hill that goes up to Queens Pavillion Resort, seems like a mosquito ridden nightmare for sure......

Sheraton is a great place with amazing grounds surrounding it. Been there myself.

If you really have coins to spend you could have a look at Pulay bay by Ritz Carlton. It's in the same area. Remember the wedding from the Hangover 2? That was actually filmed there. Amazing views, but for an amazing price too biggrin.png .

• 2 weeks later...