cosmetic dentistry

mangolover

I'm sure there's something posted about this, but I guess I don't know how to search the forums (or is it fora?)

There are tons of cosmetic dentists in Pattaya. The place recommended to me was Hollywood on Soi Leng Kee and a particular dentist named Dr. Am. I respect the person who made the recommendation, and I liked the dentist, but it is expensive. We're talking about crowns (in my case he recommends 13 of them), and it's 6,000 to 10,000 per crown, depending on the material. And who is not going to go with the better quality if he actually has the money. I am 60+, and not a bad looking guy, but I know I do not look good with my mouth open (gaps, stains, etc.), and this could make a significant difference…but this is serious money and one doesn't want to leap into it blindly. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick

I dont like the idea of crowns unless they are being fitted on implants to replace missing teeth, which is what I had done. 2 of these at 40,000B each cost me nearly as much as your 13 crowns will cost you and I thought it was cheap enough and good value.

Stains can be improved by cleaning or whitening. Gaps I would just put up with unless I was 20 and intending to become a film star. As a near 60 year-old I dont delude myself into thinking that anyone is ever going to be interested in me for anything other than the contents of my wallet or my scintillating wit, and I have no problems with this at all.

yes but just consider how much the poor buggers in America have to pay

Compared to Europe, crowns made of metal are offered much less frequently in the U.S. When metals are employed, more expensive materials such as titanium are usually used. Consequently, metal crowns made in the United States are only slightly cheaper than ceramic or metal-ceramic solutions. Cheap metal crowns are rare and start at US$600; most cost between US$800 – US$1,000.ohmy.png

Ceramic crowns are the most recommended crown material in the United States and are used more than any other option. They cost slightly more than metal crowns, ranging on average between US$900 – US$1,300 USD. In special cases, a crown may cost up to 1,700 USD.

And I just want to add i reckon it represents value for money because I consider the dentists in Thailand have a much better appreciation regarding aesthetics and colour than the average dentist in the West.

Edited by Asiantravel

I used Dr Warin on Pattaya klang last year 15 palladium crowns plus one implant cost 150,000 total (£3,100) excellent dentist and results-BTW I,m 65 and in UK would have cost just over £8000 thumbsup.gif

I didn't know about Palladium actually?

Although it probably wasn't a choice for me because I only had one done on a front tooth which I accidentally broke when I fell over. I was given a choice of standard Crown which includes part metal , which would have cost 6000 or all porcelain , which was 12,000, and I chose all porcelain.

I highly recommend Dr. Suwat Weereerat at Dental Loft Clinic because he is one of the most skilful dentists I have ever come across, compared to ones I have attended in America, Australia and in the UK, particularly the way he very skilfully and painlessly administers anaesthetic needles .smile.png

http://pattaya-times.com/a8002-dental-loft-clinic-for-foreign-expatriates

I used Dr Warin on Pattaya klang last year 15 palladium crowns plus one implant cost 150,000 total (£3,100)

Seems about average for here if one deducts (say) 30K for the cost of an implant, leaving 120K for 15 crowns or 8000B each.

My implants with ceramic crowns were 40K each, all inclusive, plus 8K for a bone graft that was needed on one of them.

yes but just consider how much the poor buggers in America have to pay

Compared to Europe, crowns made of metal are offered much less frequently in the U.S. When metals are employed, more expensive materials such as titanium are usually used. Consequently, metal crowns made in the United States are only slightly cheaper than ceramic or metal-ceramic solutions. Cheap metal crowns are rare and start at US$600; most cost between US$800 US$1,000.ohmy.png

Ceramic crowns are the most recommended crown material in the United States and are used more than any other option. They cost slightly more than metal crowns, ranging on average between US$900 US$1,300 USD. In special cases, a crown may cost up to 1,700 USD.

And I just want to add i reckon it represents value for money because I consider the dentists in Thailand have a much better appreciation regarding aesthetics and colour than the average dentist in the West.

Thats why Americans go to Mexico for dental work. So much cheaper than the USA and have a vacation at the same time.

Unless there is a medical reason specifically calling for crowns, not just cosmetic, I would go with veneers. I have had them for over 20 years, no problems, much less expensive than crowns. They look great, same maintenance-brushing/flossing. Never stain, you can choose how white you want. Only need to really do teeth shown when you smile, helps with reducing cost.

Good luck.

• Like 1