Quiet Area Further Out Sukhumvit Line?

I'm looking for a place that's QUIET.

At my current place, there's an alley out my 4th flr window where sound reverberates...there are several dogs during the day and drunks at night...very annoying, as I work on music videos....

Some people think it's impossible to get away from noise in Thailand. I agree it's the norm, but I also know there are some quiet places (at least a lot quieter than my current situation). For example, to get away from the noise, I've been staying at a cheap hotel off soi 6 in Nana. Blissfully quiet--but I don't want to live in Nana. And last night I stayed at a friend's 5th flr room a 20 min. walk from Victory Monument. In the morning I heard one dog bark 3 times in the distance--way better than my current place.

Mainly, I'm thinking out the Sukhumvit line from Ekkamai and beyond (Phra Kanong, On Nut, Bang Chak, Punnawithi, Udom Suk, Bang Na, Bearing). It can be away from the BTS line a little, as I will be getting a motorbike. (I envision only having to come into town once or twice a week.)

Anybody happen to know of a decent area out that direction? I guess I'd like a couple rooms at least; 40-50 sq. meters. I don't need furnishings.

In one thread, a guy recommended having motorcy taxi drivers take me around to places with 'for rent' signs. Tho not perfect, I'll probably start doing that. But just want to check here in case someone already knows of a decent area.

Edited by soundman
Set weird font back to normal.

The victory monument area can be relatively quiet at night but don't forget the large concentration of hospitals in the area and occasional motorbike race on the elevated highways...

Your best bet might be to find an area that you enjoy, has good transportation options, and that isn't obscenely loud and then escape what noise there is by finding accommodations on an upper floor. I'm not sure that moving away from the city center really helps with noise in Thailand, at least that has not been my experience.

Edited by CPT