Gay men lie the most on online dating sites

Jingthing

That shameful gem asserted by British tv show, How To Find Love Online.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/how-to-find-love-online/4od

Atheists were said to lie the least.

Gay atheists were not surveyed.

Men in general much more likely to present very old profile pictures, many using pictures over 10 years old, or even pictures of other people.

The chances of finding a long term relationship for dedicated users of such sites was estimated at 25 percent over time, but those finding results generally had to spend lots of time on duds.

The type of profile pictures with the best responses were close ups mostly just showing the FACE with a nice smile. Not sure if that really applies to gay men, and then of course there are the differences of hook up sites to relationship oriented sites.

The type of profile self-description text with the poorest responses were those with lots of "I" references. Profiles with more references to "You" and "We" got better results.

Men claimed the profile picture was the most important factor in attraction. Women reported sense of humor first, then the picture.

It's a jungle out there!

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I've got a gay pal that spends all his time on every gay dating site he can find. He's a terrible liar but funny with it as by his own words he's a poor catch these days. He says that by the time people see him it's too late, some decline and some carry on.

He says it's the only way he can get some, but depressingly, not many come back. He says that with a straight face. We always end up on the floor. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He's hysterical. biggrin.png

I've got a gay pal that spends all his time on every gay dating site he can find. He's a terrible liar but funny with it as by his own words he's a poor catch these days. He says that by the time people see him it's too late, some decline and some carry on.

He says it's the only way he can get some, but depressingly, not many come back. He says that with a straight face. We always end up on the floor. cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

"We always end up on the floor" whistling.gif

"We always end up on the floor" whistling.gif

I can't help being attractive. coffee1.gif

• 3 weeks later...