Selling used car system

Rob5060

I am about to buy a new car and have been offered a much better price from a 'tent' than the dealer

Just concerned about what to do to get the cash . I believe the transfer has to be registered at the local tax office, is it important that I go there as well and at what point should I get the cash

Any pointers from someone who has sold a car appreciated

When we sold to the tent they call the finance to confirm total outstanding

Then wife went in to the tent office and signed all the paperwork an walked out with the cash ...

The tent went and did all the running around to close out the finance and change over the name

Although had to push them a bit... As the first month they just made the payment rather than pay it off and close it out.

Guessing they were dragging there feet a bit hoping they could sell it before having to dish out the funds to close everything out

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• 2 weeks later...

The tent is where your car will end up after you have part exchanged/sold to the main dealer, they offer you a price, you take that price, then they pass it on to a third party, the profit margins are sometimes incredible.

When I bought my Toyota Fortuner I had a Toyota Tiger 4x4 2 door, I part exchanged it to the dealer for 270,000 Baht, he gave it to an outside dealer, who sold it for 350,000........................

I couldn't believe it as I had only paid 300,000 for the Tiger 2 years previous...I was amazed.

But, the high prices are commanded because people cannot afford to pay cash, so they put a small deposit down and then pay through the nose for the car.

Sell your car private is always the best bet, unless it's a dog, then leave it to a motor trader.

The tent is where your car will end up after you have part exchanged/sold to the main dealer, they offer you a price, you take that price, then they pass it on to a third party, the profit margins are sometimes incredible.

When I bought my Toyota Fortuner I had a Toyota Tiger 4x4 2 door, I part exchanged it to the dealer for 270,000 Baht, he gave it to an outside dealer, who sold it for 350,000........................

I couldn't believe it as I had only paid 300,000 for the Tiger 2 years previous...I was amazed.

But, the high prices are commanded because people cannot afford to pay cash, so they put a small deposit down and then pay through the nose for the car.

Sell your car private is always the best bet, unless it's a dog, then leave it to a motor trader.

thanks mate, i understand now.

thanks mate, i understand now.

1 more thing in order to help you understand: Banzai received 270k from the dealer, the car is sold by a 3rd party for 350k. The dealer (or the salesperson) probably received 30k for his services here.