Seagate 250gb In Chiang Mai

Has anybody bought Seagate hard drives in Chiang Mai, and if so from what shop. I need two 250GB hard drives and would like to get them immediately instead of having to wait for delivery from Bangkok. Any ideas?

I hear the Barracuda 7200 rpms go for 4000 baht in Bangkok. Would be nice with the same price here.

What about online shops with delivery? Any experiences?

Cheers for any tips

Meadish

Although I have not compared these two models in general Seagate seems to have very high power requirements. I bought a Maxtor 250GB 7200 ATA133 16MB last week here in Bangkok and cost was 3,950 so your price sounds right for Bangkok. Mine was for external USB so was concerned about the power/heat.

I would think the shops in that new Pantip type center across from the seafood market would have them up in Chiang Mai.

Although I have not compared these two models in general Seagate seems to have very high power requirements. I bought a Maxtor 250GB 7200 ATA133 16MB last week here in Bangkok and cost was 3,950 so your price sounds right for Bangkok. Mine was for external USB so was concerned about the power/heat.

I would think the shops in that new Pantip type center across from the seafood market would have them up in Chiang Mai.

The place Lopburi mentions would be good for local. I just bought a 300GB Seagate from shop4thai.com and delivery was about 3 days. And lopburi is also right about the power, my USB box couldn't handle it so had to get a different one [box]. Bought 2 - 250GB Maxtors SATA II 16MB cache from 7daysit.com 2 weeks ago and same, about 3 days to get it. Little over 4K for the Maxtors

Edited by tywais

I recently bought a 250GB drive at a shop in Computer Plaza (Chiang Mai). I can't remember if it's Seagate or Maxtor, but know it is 7,200RPM and a good size cache. Price was 3850B at the hardware shop upstairs on the back wall in the middle.

Update:

I ended up going to Hardware House on the second floor of Chiang Mai's Panthip, and got a Western Digital 250GB hard drive there for 4070 baht.

The best offer I got for the 250GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm after haggling was 4700 baht. I thought that was a bit too excessive considering the same model is only 4000 in Bangkok, so in the end went for the Western Digital hard disk instead. Since my old hard drive was about to fail I did not have time to go around to other locations to get a better price.