Laos immigration stamp.......CHECK

on at least 5 occasions in the past 2 years i have been confronted with NO stamp exit Laos or at a page far behind the entry stamp page when leaving Laos at the Vientiane border post.

Even send back once for violating the at least 6 months valuedate of my passport.

Yesterday again the stamp was hidden about 15 pages back in the passport and causing anger with Thai immigration (forgot to tag the page)

TV readers check and tag the page before leaving Laos and cross the bridge.

It will save you a massive amount of work and anger.

I have found that whenever I put a paper clip or some-such in my Passport to help the Immigration officer find the proper Visa / Re-Entry permit page, the first thing they do before opening the passport is to remove the paper clip and then thumb through all 60 or so pages.

I keep a couple of post-it index tabs in the passport, use 1 to mark the page and handover to immigration person open at that page. The clever ones are smart enough to know that you're trying to help them. The stupid ones? Well there's no helping them...555!

I have found that whenever I put a paper clip or some-such in my Passport to help the Immigration officer find the proper Visa / Re-Entry permit page, the first thing they do before opening the passport is to remove the paper clip and then thumb through all 60 or so pages.

Same here. I mark the page, they look. and then proceed to thumb though. I thought they were looking for something else, but they stop at the page with the stamp like they just found it.