Astro down,now what

BOBBYTIN

25,000 for year one, then 15,000 pert year after... WOW!!

Having dumped cable (Rawai) and satellite (True) a few years back I find that price stunningly high for what's available (yes I know Astro's selection is better).

I'm now a torrent junkie and free from cable/satellite's csi/law and order-fest! I now watch Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Downton Abbey, etc within twelve hours of my NA/Euro compatriots in full high def.

Live sports (MotoGP, F1, NHL ice hockey, rugby) all from free web feeds.

Cut the cable guys you're getting milked!

25000 is still cheaper than true platinum,streaming sport is hit and miss. 2000b a month, for what we get is fair. CTH would be great,if i can find anyone with the dam_n boxes.i dnt need tv or movies,i need,sport ,discovery channels,and cartoons.

Channel list is here http://www.cth.co.th/package-599/

Not sure if EPL is included in the price but I think it will be an extra 400 Baht. Not so many channels on the satellite package but for me they are not important nor is the EPL but all the satellite shops will be able to supply this package when they have the boxes. For cable package will need to use KPP, Phuket Cable. Rawai Cable or whichever one operates in your area. For sure they will take a lot of business from True who have been overpriced for a long time & a callous disregard for their customer base. Stating they are removing channels after customer research is <deleted> as they generally replace good ones with something inferior & no doubt free.

OK, we're in the process of having CTH installed today, via Phuket Cable. The cost is 962 baht/month inclusive of 7% VAT. There are discounts (actually 'free' months) based on paying up front for longer periods. An example is paying 899/month for 24 months up front (21,576 plus VAT), and getting an extra 12 months free (hence equivalent to 599/month for 36 months). The cost of a HD box is 2 months rent for existing customers, 2 months rent plus 2000 baht for new customers. Phuket Cable (so they're telling us) are the only cable company in the area authorised by CTH, and the only company that have boxes.

HD channels (including the new EPL channels) are included, except if you don't have a box you're obviously not going to get them.

Boxes have to be obtained from Phuket Cable in their office and self installed.

OK, we're in the process of having CTH installed today, via Phuket Cable. The cost is 962 baht/month inclusive of 7% VAT. There are discounts (actually 'free' months) based on paying up front for longer periods. An example is paying 899/month for 24 months up front (21,576 plus VAT), and getting an extra 12 months free (hence equivalent to 599/month for 36 months). The cost of a HD box is 2 months rent for existing customers, 2 months rent plus 2000 baht for new customers. Phuket Cable (so they're telling us) are the only cable company in the area authorised by CTH, and the only company that have boxes.

HD channels (including the new EPL channels) are included, except if you don't have a box you're obviously not going to get them.

thanks for this,but i live in khao lak,and the guy authorized to install CTH is not a very active kinda guy,maybe 7 days,you come back,but maybe more.the demand for a supplier with a IQ higher than a pencil up here is high.be great to hear how CTH performs,and are the channels english also.

Be interested to hear your report. Could well be Phuket Cable are the authorised distributor for Phuket but they do not have cable everywhere. It gels with the statement from the KPP guy who said he does not have the HD boxes & only offered the old one I tried a couple of years ago which I thought pretty useless.

ah just caught up on this again!

If Bobbytin gets the second year for 15,000 baht that's a good deal for Astro, although it depends on which channels in the line up wink.png

Based on my experience on Samui, you guys in Phuket area are not a big difference in latitude, I think you'd be better with a 90 cm dish... especially with the HD set up!

ah just caught up on this again!

If Bobbytin gets the second year for 15,000 baht that's a good deal for Astro, although it depends on which channels in the line up wink.png

Based on my experience on Samui, you guys in Phuket area are not a big difference in latitude, I think you'd be better with a 90 cm dish... especially with the HD set up!

hi jimmy,it is up and running,i went for sport,kids,including Disney, discovery channels and news,all working fine and happy with the guy you put me in touch with,thank you.

Be interested to hear your report. Could well be Phuket Cable are the authorised distributor for Phuket but they do not have cable everywhere. It gels with the statement from the KPP guy who said he does not have the HD boxes & only offered the old one I tried a couple of years ago which I thought pretty useless.

OK, got the HD box last week, and system working fine. Held off commenting further until I'd seen yesterday's English Premier League games. Good quality in HD, though missed True's pre match punditry and reviews in English (apparently CTH will be adding another HD channel for exactly this at the end of September). The match(s) commentary was also in Thai (though figured out how to change that to English by pressing the F4 button and toggling to English). Apparently there are different remote control types depending on whether you have Cable or Satellite. For mine (Cable) it's the F4 button, and for Satellite it's the Green button.

All in all I'm happy with the set up. Doesn't have the range of HD film channels that True has (though I mainly watch HD movies that I've downloaded anyway), but at less than half the price (900 baht) of what we were paying True (more than 2000 baht), it's a good deal. Photo of remote if anyone's having the same problem:

post-62520-0-67216300-1376807936_thumb.j

• 7 months later...