bees nest

Forkinhades

We have had a large hive in a tree in front of the house for over a year. Thai's believe that having a hive on your property is very good luck. Maybe it is true as my wife won Tb10,000 in the lottery the week the bees set up house.

Killing them would be a crime, and your Thai neighbors would consider it a great sin.

They are not aggressive unless you are cutting on the tree they are in or making a very loud noise, like a gas powered hedge trimmer. But if you don't want them there are people that will come smoke them and remove the hive.

never met a Thai who thought it was a sin to eat any animal.....including the larveas of the bees.

If I have a beenest in the garden and I let some people know, people que up to get them.

Never had any comments coming from my neighbours either.

But hey..... I live in the Isaan.

might be different than in other parts of the country.

Here people eat anything that moves (or ever moved).

I'll keep the lotery story in mind though....smile.png

There are a lot Thais that don't eat beef because of religious reasons. Many Thais I know think it is shocking that I like to eat horse or rabbit as these animals aren't for food.

Of course all the Muslim Thais won't eat pork. I think there are big regional differences. The southerners eat anything that can swim while they are shocked about some food other Thais eat.

I blew up your picture some and teh type of bees you have (long: black front, yellow mid, black rear, I've seen attending a nest live in a market while it is being sold for the young and the honey. This would indicate that type of honey bee is not the same bee as the small (3/4 cm) aggressive more aggressive bee.

I vote leave it alone or have a bee keeper handle it for you.

attachicon.gifSAM_1758.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_1743.JPG

I vote for leave it alone and let the bee keeper leave it alone.

• 1 month later...

just had one removed again.

The villagers did not even wait for the evening....

I got stung while I wanted to pick up some laundry that was drying in the garden.

One wasp was on a T-shirt.

It hurts but is not deadly.......unless many of them attack you at the same time.

Or if you are allergic to them.....

TIP to remember: if you ever get stung by a bee or wasp, cut as soon as possible a tomato in half and rub the juice on the spot. It gives you almost instant relief.

see some attached pictures.

img_6622.jpg

img_6614.jpg

img_6617.jpg

img_6616.jpg

img_6618.jpg

We have had a large hive in a tree in front of the house for over a year. Thai's believe that having a hive on your property is very good luck. Maybe it is true as my wife won Tb10,000 in the lottery the week the bees set up house.

Killing them would be a crime, and your Thai neighbors would consider it a great sin.

They are not aggressive unless you are cutting on the tree they are in or making a very loud noise, like a gas powered hedge trimmer. But if you don't want them there are people that will come smoke them and remove the hive.

never met a Thai who thought it was a sin to eat any animal.....including the larveas of the bees.

If I have a beenest in the garden and I let some people know, people que up to get them.

Never had any comments coming from my neighbours either.

But hey..... I live in the Isaan.

might be different than in other parts of the country.

Here people eat anything that moves (or ever moved).

I'll keep the lotery story in mind though....smile.png

There are a lot Thais that don't eat beef because of religious reasons. Many Thais I know think it is shocking that I like to eat horse or rabbit as these animals aren't for food.

Of course all the Muslim Thais won't eat pork. I think there are big regional differences. The southerners eat anything that can swim while they are shocked about some food other Thais eat.

That's true,

When I am was in the south I saw the biggest butterfly lizards ever.

And not afraid of people....

That is because nobody catches them for food.

They have enough seafood over there.

here in the Isaan boys catch the lizards with a catapult or just dig them out of their holes in the ground.

Never see real big ones here....