Royal baby: The Duchess of Cambridge gives birth to a baby boy

webfact

If the child grows up to be a transvestite, can he be both a King and a Queen? If he is gay can he "marry" another man ?

Wow....so many questions................................

The sick side of me laughs at this. tongue.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RT@MaxFosterCNN: Ladbrokes odds on name of Prince:

James 2/1

Henry 5/1

George 5/1

Philip 10/1

Alexander 10/1

Richard 16/1

Louis 16/1

Arthur 16/1

Charles 20/1

James after his grandfather.

I guess Morrie would be a waste of money?

• Like 1

James 2/1

Henry 5/1

George 5/1

Philip 10/1

Alexander 10/1

Richard 16/1

Louis 16/1

Arthur 16/1

Charles 20/1

What No Osama or Abdullah ?

Edited by LuckyLew
  • Like 1

I hate all the hype over this and how people from all around the world were getting so excited over a family/baby that they will probably never meet and who couldn't give a shit about them.

374435_401324133306027_1051146296_n.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if his name will be "Prismus"

Well i am very pleased for them, they are a lovely couple, and one day this baby will be King.

As much as I love French wine and cheese I would have much preferred it if they had managed to export their revolution more successfully smile.png

We were the first in the world, England in 1651, France didn't catch up till 1789.

• Like 1

James 2/1

Henry 5/1

George 5/1

Philip 10/1

Alexander 10/1

Richard 16/1

Louis 16/1

Arthur 16/1

Charles 20/1

His Grandfather is Charles.

Or his Great Grandfather Phillip.

Edited by sotsira

Meanwhile Clarence house has graciously acknowledged the congratulations of former president George W Bush to the Duke & Duchess of Cornwall for the birth of their first child smile.png

Edited by evadgib

****Nonsense trolling comments removed****

Nothing to do with being good parents, that is all still to come.

As for being HI-SO? i would say definitely not.

They are Royal, by which makes them internationally famous.

Edited by metisdead

James 2/1

Henry 5/1

George 5/1

Philip 10/1

Alexander 10/1

Richard 16/1

Louis 16/1

Arthur 16/1

Charles 20/1

His Grandfather is Charles.

Or his Great Grandfather Phillip.

He has two Grandfathers and four Great Grandfathers.

I am far from a royalist but good on them. It is BIG news and VERY important to a great number of people. The royal family generates huge income and many aussies make a particular point of visiting the old dart to view the palace etc. The royal family also do some damn good charity work.

I have no problem with those that have privilege simply by birth, as long as they do good. Will and Kate are no exception, they have been fine upstanding members of royalty.

Side note: Kate looked so hot when she had a bit of weight, before the marriage. But getting ready for the wedding she lost a lot of weight and started to look like a stick insect and for me, lost some of her sexuality. Until she puts her a bit of weight back on I have to just fantasise of other more 'womanly' curved young lasses.

Kudos to Will and Kate in their hour of happiness.

The crown estates are numerous and generate much income.

How did the Windsor's come to own such estates?

They don't own them, or to be precise; it.

Crown Estate

In the United Kingdom, the Crown Estate is a property portfolio owned by the Crown. Although still belonging to the monarch and inherent with the accession of the throne, like the Crown Jewels it is no longer the private property of the reigning monarch and cannot be sold by him or her, nor do the revenues from it belong to the monarch personally.

In 1760 George III surrendered the revenue of the Crown Estate to HM Treasury, but in exchange he lost all responsibility for:

the cost of the civil government

the national debt accrued by previous monarchs, and

his own personal debt.

In return, he received an annual grant known as the Civil List.

Traditionally, each subsequent monarch has agreed to this formality as part of the ritual of their accession: although they no longer have any actual right to revenue from the Crown Estate as they no longer govern in person. That role has been replaced by the de facto authority of Parliament.

However, from 1 April 2012, under terms of the Sovereign Grant Act 2011, the Civil List was abolished, and in future the monarch will receive from the Treasury a stipulated percentage of the Crown Estate's annual net revenues (currently set at 15%).

The Crown Estate is managed by an independent organisation headed by the Crown Estate Commissioners. The surplus revenue from the Estate is paid each year to HM Treasury. The Crown Estate is formally accountable to Parliament, to which it makes an annual report.

• Like 1

James is more likely to turn up as a middle name.

Simply because if he's James, he'd be James VII (and all the English people will be going - when were James II - James VI ?).

No he wouldn't; he'd be James III of England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Commonwealth countries which have the monarch as their head of state and James VIII of Scotland.

Some of us English do know our history; maybe some Scots don't!

Of course, whatever names he is given now, he could easily choose another when he becomes king.

Edited by 7by7
  • Like 1