Dual Nationality

Dennis,

The Thai embassy in Washington DC website gives good information on whether your step-daughter would be considered to be Thai.

Before she gets a Thai passport, she will need to get a Thai birth certificate, and if she was born in Norway, it may be that you have to register the birth at the embassy in Oslo rather than being able to do so within Thailand. Indeed, only 2 days ago my wife and I had to traipse down to the Thai embassy in London in order to register our son's birth with them and apply for his Thai passport. The advice we received was that the birth should be registered at the district office (amphur) in which the child was born and, if born overseas, then the Thai embassy in that country.

Scouse.

thanks from one scouse to another.

maybe I should have given a bit more info? she is 24 and asked at Thai immigration and they said not possible after 18 yaers old, but I have heard of some English men can get both if good in the languge

Thats not true. There is no restriction on what age as to when one can claim Thai nationality by descent. But as Scouse explained, the path of least resistance is to apply for all the paperwork back in her place of birth, in this case Norway. On her next trip back, bring along all her mothers Thai identification and a birth certificate can be applied for, and a passport at the same time.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images