Can you get a 3 month extension on spouse visa, now?

Hi,

This question has probablty been asked before but I didn't pick it up on a search.

Last year I was able to get an extension of three months on my spouse Non-Immigrant O visa. There was no paper work, I just went thru the Mae Sai Immigration Office. I'm wondering if the same rule applies now. My current "O" visa finishes on 21 August this year.

If it doesn't apply then I have to prepare for a rapid departure. smile.png

I'm an Australian citizen.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

Are you talking about a multi entry non immigrant O visa by chance? That would allow exit and return for a new 90 day stay at any border entry. Do you still have such a visa and is it still valid? The key is if the visa is single or multi (m) entry and that the date of 21 August is on the visa itself and not your current permitted to stay stamp.

I suspect you did a border crossing just before your visa expired and got another 90 day entry not an extension. You can do the same this year on the 20th of August and get another 90 days.

The visa expiration date is not the maximum amount of time you can stay it is the last day you can use the visa.

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife from immigration for a fee of 1900 baht for your last 90 day entry if you want.

@lopburi3, yes my visa is current and is multiple entry (M), with an enter before date of 26 August 2013. The most recent stamp says I'm admitted until 21. August 2913.

@ubonjoe, I think you're right I got another 90 days not an extension. I got my "official terminology" mixed up.

So I'm set for another 90 day entry. Good!

Thanks to both of you for your help

Yes, new 90 days as long as you enter before 26 August.

What you can also get after those 90 days is a 60 day extension based on being married.

You only need the marriage paperwork, your wife's ID card/housebook and preferably your wife to go along to your local immigration office.

No need for any financial proof, just the 1,900 Baht for the extension application.