24-hour protection provided for Sa Kaew girl prostituted to teacher

webfact

24-hour protection provided for Sa Kaew girl prostituted to teacher

SA KAEW, 24 July 2013 (NNT) – Police officials are now providing protection for the family of a girl who was prostituted to a teacher in Sa Kaew to prevent them from receiving any threats from the alleged offender, who has been freed on bail.

Social Development and Human Security Minister Paveena Hongsakul announced that the police have charged Suthep Sombunphong with child abduction and supporting human trafficking and prostitution. The accused is a teacher in Watthananakhon district of Sa Kaew.

The family of the 13-year-old girl has been placed under 24-hour police protection.

According to Minister Paveena, local police will launch further investigation to find evidence that will help lead to the prostitution ring.

She also urged anybody with leads to prostitution or human trafficking to help provide the information, saying that she aims to sharply reduce the human trafficking problem by next year because the United States' monitoring of Thailand as a transnational human trafficking hub does not bode well for foreign nations' confidence in the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-07-24 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saying that she aims to sharply reduce the human trafficking problem by next year because the United States' monitoring of Thailand as a transnational human trafficking hub does not bode well for foreign nations' confidence in the country.

Reading between the lines of this statement it appears the driver to reduce human trafficking is foreign nations' confidence in Thailand, not because it is inhumane and is a totally dispicable act against the human race.

Very astute you are, by stating the obvious.

• Like 2

saying that she aims to sharply reduce the human trafficking problem by next year because the United States' monitoring of Thailand as a transnational human trafficking hub does not bode well for foreign nations' confidence in the country.

Reading between the lines of this statement it appears the driver to reduce human trafficking is foreign nations' confidence in Thailand, not because it is inhumane and is a totally dispicable act against the human race.

Very astute you are, by stating the obvious.

Obviously it is not obvious to Minister Paveena.

• Like 2

Now if the offender is a threat to the family and witnesses, one simple question "<deleted> is he doing out on bail?" if this was elsewhere he would be locked up. More cost effective and more surety that he won't get at the family if he is locked up. Geez did the BIB even oppose bail?

If this was elsewhere, he would not only be locked up, he would learn what it feels like to be someone's b***h/bride. Even prisoners in a penitentiary find this teacher's actions more repulsive than does the Thai legal system.

Edited by jaltsc
Inappropriate language.
  • Like 2

Be fair guys! If BIB convicted of murder can get bail, who's going to think twice about an alleged paedophile teacher?

OTOH it would be nice if he was at least suspended from work (inactive post?)

No shock there........it was pressure from the US that made Thailand take action on paedophilia, and the US should be lauded for it. It's up to other governments and agencies such as the UN to tell Thailand straight, you do this, and we will sanction you.

t's only through this type of pressure that Thailand will ever get it's act together.

It's sad that Thailand only reacts to pressure and threats that have an economic or potential economic consequence. A supposedly religious country and yet little if any evidence of strong internal morals. This money driven aspect to society seems to get worse and worse and permeates all levels of society.

• Like 2

Does Paveena Foundation only get involved when the victim is Thai? as they have a keen interest in this case whereas they apparently did noting to protect or aid the 12 year old Burmese girl whose body was mutilated and burned over the course of years detained as a domestic slave.

• Like 1

"The family of the 13-year-old girl has been placed under 24-hour police protection".

Now if the offender is a threat to the family and witnesses, one simple question "<deleted> is he doing out on bail?" if this was elsewhere he would be locked up. More cost effective and more surety that he won't get at the family if he is locked up. Geez did the BIB even oppose bail?

To kidnap more kids?

...ahm...sorry, it is only 9 am and maybe I am a bit slow, but...

1) she was 13 blink.png

2) he was a teacher bah.gif

3) he is out on bail blink.png

4) the police have to protect her 24/7 now... w00t.gif

There is SO MUCH wrong with this story, I guess even a liter of coffee will not help me to understand!

One question, though: she was prostituted by who?

I also wonder if he is still working in school?

• Like 1

If this was elsewhere, he would not only be locked up, he would learn what it feels like to be someone's b***h/bride. Even prisoners in a penitentiary find this teacher's actions more repulsive than does the Thai legal system.

No way would he be "someone's b***h/bride"

The other prisoners would want to know all the details over and over from the teacher and he would be asked "when I get out I want you to get me one of those young sluts"

Years ago when I visited a small village up in Esarn the local teacher was openly sleeping with kids from his school, he even offered me to "pick any you like boy or girl, I can arrange it for you" I did of course politely decline the strange offer though!

This seems to be the way of the society here.

Edited by newermonkey