Buying New

gryphon

From a newbie , sorry if this is going over old ground for some.

Is it possible in Thailand to negotiate any discount on the quoted retail prices of new vehicles

from the dealers? Do they have dual pricing at dealerships for Thais and falangs?

Anyone got any personal experiences of dealing on a new car, ( I'm thinking of buying a Toyota )

Do prices vary depending on the region in which the car is bought?

Any advice appreciated.

From a newbie , sorry if this is going over old ground for some.

Is it possible in Thailand to negotiate any discount on the quoted retail prices of new vehicles

from the dealers? Do they have dual pricing at dealerships for Thais and falangs?

Anyone got any personal experiences of dealing on a new car, ( I'm thinking of buying a Toyota )

Do prices vary depending on the region in which the car is bought?

Any advice appreciated.

Well, i just got a new Honda Civic the other day. list price was 1,020,000

I was offered 25,000 baht discount for cash payment and got free film for windows, and a couple of other accessories totaling about 10,000 baht.

If you are paying cash NEVER pay list price. Play off dealers against each other.

I toured Bangkok honda showrooms chasing the best deal.

Visit one dealer and get his best offer i writing....thentake it to a nearby competitor and ask him to match it.....when he thinks he has got the sale...demand an extra accessory to be thrown in...if he agrees get him to print this deal...then go off to the next dealer and ask him to beat the offer.

Good Luck!!!

I bought my Fortuner at Toyota Khon kaen, I got a good load of extras thrown in as well as 1 years Class 1 Insurance.

I was a cash buyer and I was offered the Black Fortuner they had in the showroom, I said I wanted a Silver one and how long would I have to wait, he said " 2 months ".

I told him I was a very impulsive buyer and would buy now or probably not at all, I was ready to leave the showroom, he told me to wait, he went to see the manager and he came back and said " come with me ", we walked down past the main service shop to 2 Fortuners that were Parked up, one was Silver, he said if I wanted it, I could have it immediately. I picked it up the following day after they had filmed the windows and fitted the extras. I think I must have jumped the queue. :o

I was sold on a Fortuner after a test drive in Khon Kaen.

Previously I had been interested in a Fortuner in Pattaya, a test drive was not available at all and was told it was a 3 month wait for a Silver Fortuner.

When I went to Toyota Pattaya, they said I had got a very good deal in Khon Kaen that they could not match.

Maybe in Pattaya they have a large enough turnover not to have to give good deals.

So Yes, you can get better deals by looking around.