Cat Traps

Redhead27

Does anyone know where to purchase humane live traps? I am having a problem with stray cats, they keep craping in the wifes flowers and spraying the bushes around the front of my yard. I have tried repelents and even chili powder, they keep coming back. I have checked a few shops namely hardwear and pet stores, I have even asked a couple of vet clinics. Any Ideas?

That is why I am looking for LIVE traps. I don't want to kill them just relocate them.

My apology for misunderstanding.wai.gif

Very hard, only if you make something yourself. May be buy a cage, attach a thin rope, put some food, so when the cat walks in it will close the door.

Though cats are creatures of habit and will return. unless you drive it out far away,But you do not know if its a stray or neighbors cat.

Edited by lemoncake

Those Vietnamese cat smugglers don't seem to have any difficulty trapping live cats. More seriously, trapping probably isn't the answer. If you remove or kill the resident cats they'll just be replaced within days by others moving in. It has to be deterrence.

You really let that bother you ? A little "spray in the bushes" ? I would imagine that there is just one cat spraying ,as it is just marking their turf and a warning to other cats to stay clear. A little "poop" in the dirt isn't hurting anyone, and cats bury their poop.

To my mind you are lucky to have cats around your house.

​Surely you must have more important thing to be concerned about in bah.gif your life.

• Like 1

I have cats around my house. They catch pigeons, eat their heads and leave the decapitated bodies on my lawn. I don't consider myself 'lucky' to have cats around my house. Neither do the pigeons.

I think I would rather have cats around my house than pigeons any day.

We were just in the Factory Outlet complex on Sukhumvit Road yesterday, and there was a "dollar store" next to it that among other things were selling "cat deterrent mats". These are plastic mats about 50x50 cm or so, more mats can be connected together to cover large areas. The mats have blunt plastic "spikes" that are supposed to be uncomfortable for cats to walk on, and thus deter cats from walking on them. I guess it's up to the individual situation if it's feasible to deploy something like this.

Resized_06-06-13_21-34-2.jpg

Another alternative I heard about is a gizmo that deter cats by ultrasound. Amazon sell them for $50, of course after shipping and duties it will be more but perhaps you can source it locally somewhere.

31OxJVAeR4L._SY300_.jpg

• Like 1

Funny what bothers different people. Most are bothered by pigeons, so would be happy to have a cat around to either run them off or catch and kill.

The pigeons provide me with a lot of entertainment particularly during the mating season. The cats just crap on the lawn and kill birds (not just pigeons). I'd be quite happy if their owners made them wear a collar with a bell on but I'd rather have a garden full of birds than a garden full of bodies and cat shit.

Edited by sustento

Funny what bothers different people. Most are bothered by pigeons, so would be happy to have a cat around to either run them off or catch and kill.

The pigeons provide me with a lot of entertainment particularly during the mating season. The cats just crap on the lawn and kill birds (not just pigeons). I'd be quite happy if their owners made them wear a collar with a bell on but I'd rather have a garden full of birds than a garden full of bodies and cat shit.

Cats around your house can fly?

We were just in the Factory Outlet complex on Sukhumvit Road yesterday, and there was a "dollar store" next to it that among other things were selling "cat deterrent mats". These are plastic mats about 50x50 cm or so, more mats can be connected together to cover large areas. The mats have blunt plastic "spikes" that are supposed to be uncomfortable for cats to walk on, and thus deter cats from walking on them. I guess it's up to the individual situation if it's feasible to deploy something like this.

Resized_06-06-13_21-34-2.jpg

Another alternative I heard about is a gizmo that deter cats by ultrasound. Amazon sell them for $50, of course after shipping and duties it will be more but perhaps you can source it locally somewhere.

31OxJVAeR4L._SY300_.jpg

Can have little more info please? The outlet in Pattaya Tai? or the one past the Bangkok Hospital?

The shop in inside the compex or somewhere nearby

And is it actually in Pattaya or another town? :)

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/347928/description/Cats_kill_more_than_one_billion_birds_each_year

http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/gardening/unwantedvisitors/cats/birddeclines.aspx

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9836471/Killer-cats-deadly-pets-murder-nearly-4-billion-birds-a-year.html

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/347928/description/Cats_kill_more_than_one_billion_birds_each_year

http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/gardening/unwantedvisitors/cats/birddeclines.aspx

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/9836471/Killer-cats-deadly-pets-murder-nearly-4-billion-birds-a-year.html

Sorry, but what does an article in science news or telegraph has to do with your house?

Can have little more info please? The outlet in Pattaya Tai? or the one past the Bangkok Hospital?

And is it actually in Pattaya or another town? smile.png

Factory Outlet is on the west (beach) side of Sukhumvit road north of Naklua but before the Rayong highway. It's a large complex. The store I was talking about is inside the complex, in the corner, in between the two clothes shops there.

Google Maps Link

The articles enumerate the number of birds that are killed by cats every year. Some of those killings happen at my house. I know this because I find the bodies of birds (usually pigeons but not always) on my lawn. I see cats with mouths full of feathers sitting on my lawn although they don't sit there for very long if I'm around. Cats round my house can't fly but they can, and do, kill birds.

The articles enumerate the number of birds that are killed by cats every year. Some of those killings happen at my house. I know this because I find the bodies of birds (usually pigeons but not always) on my lawn. I see cats with mouths full of feathers sitting on my lawn although they don't sit there for very long if I'm around. Cats round my house can't fly but they can, and do, kill birds.

Yes i understood your post, however you stated you have lawn full of dead bodies daily, full in mu understanding is dozens if not hundreds daily.

I have 8 cats and may have ONE dead bird once every few months, so cats around your house must have wings to kill so many daily.

Factory Outlet is on the west (beach) side of Sukhumvit road north of Naklua but before the Rayong highway. It's a large complex. The store I was talking about is inside the complex, in the corner, in between the two clothes shops there.

Google Maps Link

Thanks for the info, I will look into it. I tried the bleach around the front of the driveway and I haven't seen the big Tom cat around today.

Google Maps Link

Thanks Phil, i think its also called FN outlet or something like that

PS. the dollar store, they charge dollars or baht?!tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Yes i understood your post, however you stated you have lawn full of dead bodies daily, full in mu understanding is dozens if not hundreds daily.

I have 8 cats and may have ONE dead bird once every few months, so cats around your house must have wings to kill so many daily.

Can you point out where I've said I have lawns full of dead bodies daily? I said I find dead birds on my lawn. 'Birds' is the plural of bird i.e. I have found more than one dead bird on my lawn. I made no mention of the frequency at which I find them. As a matter of information I've had 2 dead pigeons and a starling in the past 6 weeks which as far as I'm concerned is three too many. As I said domestic cats ought to wear collars with bells on.

Thanks Phil, i think its also called FN outlet or something like that

PS. the dollar store, they charge dollars or baht?!tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Just an expression, everything in the shop is 65 baht.

The 2 dollar store then thumbsup.gif , thanks again for the info I will be going there today to buy a few of those matts.