Crocodile trainer receives 30 stitches after being bitten on head by croc: Thailand

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The croc trainer, who has performed with the animal for four months and over one hundred shows, said that this was the first mishap that had ever happened to him."

Well, that's a relief!

The trainer should have bitten the croc back, just for show. an eye for an eye. Don't let these wild animals get away with that.laugh.png

I wonder if he went back with 10 of his mates to teach that croc a lesson coffee1.gif

or a gun

I've seen this a couple of times and it has been performed for thousands of times without an accident. But what I do remember they put a stick in his mouth to prevent it from snapping.

Edited by sniffdog
  • Like 1

The guy has nuts. The guy is nuts. He is lucky he still has a head at all.

Why does this mean to some people, that now everyone around the world will think Thai people are stupid?

This individual has never watched youtube.

Get an education buddy. Go watch youtube and just check it out how people everywhere do the stupidest, most

dangerous, idiotic things, all over the world, on camera and usually they're not even being paid for it.

They're doing it for fun!!

At least if this guy is not trying to feed the croc, he is trying to fee his family.

It is bad for Thailand because this kind of stupid, so called family show is allowed to continue.

A croc does not have the same thought processes as a dog, a monkey or a bear.

You can't train it not to close its mouth - you might be lucky the first 99 times but sooner or later it's gonna think you're its lunch. I doubt a croc would even recognise you as the same person each time.

Maybe you're right about that, but maybe the croc is more intelligent than the trainer (or at least not as desperate for a job, adrenalin rushes or a need for audience-gratification)? Here's a site discussing their intelligence:

"Crocodilians are the largest and most intelligent living reptiles. Crocodiles have have bigger brains than other lizards, but it is still only the size of a cigar."

http://www.oneworldmagazine.org/tales/crocs/smart.html

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

Placing your head in any predators mouth tends not to end well..

I don't even think Steven Irwin was that bold.

Nahhh just not that stupid mate!

But clearly out of his depth with stingrays ... or was it in too deep.

Edited by MaxYakov

No, Steve Irwin was simply, NOT THAT STUPID!!

very sad that he died a big animal lover,but i saw that guy do some stunts on tv wich are very simular to a thai putting his head in a crocks mouth,hiss boldness is what got him killed in the first place .Talk about being stupid for putting your head in a crocks mouth tsssss.
  • Like 1

mmmmh, tastes like chicken!

I believe these crocs are normaly fed live soi dogs, that should tell us somethinggiggle.gif

Have you never been to the crocodile farm?

You get to pay to feed them buckets of chicken that you drop down from the walkway above the main crocodile pens. (or did they stop that after the woman's suicide?).

There is no such thing in the world as a crock trainer,Whomever wants to do stupid things like that deserves to be eaten There in no one in this wild world who can train a crock ,they stay wild and are killers forever. crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

• Like 1

Firstly, you cant train a Croc!

Secondly he didn't pull his head out. The croc let him go!

Surprised this doesn't happen daily.

You are right! The croc let him go! ...but this things with croc trainers happens a lot....just a small touch or drop inside its mouse and its will bite..and torn the catch to kill it...He was lucky!!!!

I been a part-time tiger trainer for 3 years now. We train the tigers from when they are cubs, so we able to work with them when they get older. I been around croc's a few times, but i would never trust them. Croc's and tigers brains are different!!!!! I respect the tigers, and i know its a dangerous job, but not going crazy enough to put any body parts into tigers mouth. lol. Actually have put my hand into a croc's mouth and sat on two croc's before..soooooo....maybe I'm a ittle crazy. lol

No, Steve Irwin was simply, NOT THAT STUPID!!

Sure, but your only arguing over small differences in degree.

I sincere hope he didn't loose face.-laugh.png

His face might have been a bit looser if the croc had hung on a bit longer.

Considering crocodiles have been around for over 60 million years, I am surprised this particular creature was polite enough to let the handler go free.

I sincere hope he didn't loose face.-Posted Image

His face might have been a bit looser if the croc had hung on a bit longer.

Considering crocodiles have been around for over 60 million years, I am surprised this particular creature was polite enough to let the handler go free.

Maybe the Pla Rah came through.

• Like 1