Crocodile trainer receives 30 stitches after being bitten on head by croc: Thailand

webfact

Apparently a drop of sweat falling from the guy's head into the croc's mouth is enough to trigger a reflexive bite response from the crocodile, and there have been a number of such previous incidences.
The tongue is very sensitive, like the bristles in a Venus flytrap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hncawkdIQvA

+
http://www.keepbusy.net/play.php?id=trainer-puts-head-in-alligators-mouth

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They need to stop these dumb ass shows.

No it will never stop because the Chinese audience loves this crap, when at the venue they also tuck into eating bizare animal parts such as crock penis's. Sri Racha tiger zoo breads tigers for covert export to china. At the Sri Racha zoo they have a restaurant where they semi secretly serve up this bizare foods, so if you dont beleive me you can go check it out for your selves.

I have been to these shows and there have been more accidents just search on youtube. These guys work for peanuts and probably no workman's compensation for accidents in their profession. I guess they are not the brightest of the bunch if this is all they can do to make money for their family.

"The croc trainer, who has performed with the animal for four months and over one hundred shows, said that this was the first mishap that had ever happened to him."

In the army I learned that, as routine sets in, increased risk dances the Macarena on a daily basis... What was that proverb again? Play with fire, expect to get burned.

In spite of all the pun, quick and thorough recovery to Crocodile Dundee! Hopefully he will learn from this and understand that a wild animal is best off where it belongs; The Wild! Problem though is that a Thai man is never at fault, so let's hope that he will not poison or kill that poor croc for making him lose face (literally) - sorry, can't help it smile.png

To tell the truth - I was tempted to cut and edit that video with Elton's Crocodile Rock as soundtrack, and post it here, but I had a hard day and am tired. Any bored computer geeks out there - please do it and send me the link for breakfast biggrin.png

Edited by catweazle

Placing your head in any predators mouth tends not to end well..

I don't even think Steven Irwin was that bold.

No, Steve Irwin was simply, NOT THAT STUPID!!

Even Steve Irwin the Aussie crocodile man, who knew more about crocs than any other man on earth, never did such stupid things as this.

Well, you guys dont know your facts too well. This guy got away with 30 stitches. But is he alive. Unlike Steve Irwin. And here is the reality:

(1) steve irwin was bitten by a croc when moving it from one pen to another, and required 12 stiches.

(2) steve irwin was critcised in the press for feeding a croc whilst holding his 1 month old baby in his arms.

(3) steve irwin was killed by a stingray whilst filming for a TV show.

Stingrays, crocs, they are all big and dangerous.

I loved Steve Irwin (RIP), but really, is he any less stupid? He was in the same business after all, entertainment. Not animal welfare, or zoology, just entertainment. So please, no more Steve Irwin comparisons please.

This Thai guy is alive thankfully. Steve Irwin is not. You decide who is most stupid.....I think they are both daft.

Edited by JulianLS

Even Steve Irwin the Aussie crocodile man, who knew more about crocs than any other man on earth, never did such stupid things as this.

i think you should have a look on youtube,i once saw steve jump in alligator infested waters in the glades to catch one with his bare hands on tv ,or handling the most deadliest snakes like a kid with lego bloks like said in another post his boldness is wat got him killed.

Or that moron on the animal channel ex lion trainer that goes walking up to a troop of lions in afrika with nothing else then a long walking stick.

Or the dog whisperer that goes inline skating with fifteen rottweillers and pitbulls.

Same same like crocodile show in thailand.people with suicidal tendencies.

he got lucky, probably the sweat trigger a false alarm to shut it mouth. a well trained croc, you could see the croc release him, had not that happened, it would not be merely stitches.

look at this accident few years back, the croc is truly pissed here, performing the signature death roll

• Like 1

You're all wrong! I know these crocs quite well. The animal was merely trying to show it's love for his trainer by giving him a little kiss. Unbeknownst to most humans, crocs have beautiful plump and juicy lips....perfect for kissing. A croc with a little red lipstick is a beautiful creature.

I really hope the people don't kill the croc, I think this is what they do to any animal who attack a human, cannot trust the animal anymore. Poor croc it's not born to be a performer in the first place.

New bag and wallet for sale soon in a street market near you...

I was speaking to a thai girl whose brother was a so called "Crocodile Trainer" at a Crocodile Park and she told me that they sedate the crocodiles with tablets or sometimes tranquilizers in order to be able to perform with them for the tourist shows.

The Tigers, bears, Limas and other exotic animals which they sell photo opportunities and also heavily sedated.

Stupid fool........... but the real issue seems to me to be that the animal shows are a disgrace. The animals should be treated with respect not subjected to a series of unnatural party acts to amuse people with no understanding.

The guy has nuts. The guy is nuts. He is lucky he still has a head at all.

Why does this mean to some people, that now everyone around the world will think Thai people are stupid?

This individual has never watched youtube.

Get an education buddy. Go watch youtube and just check it out how people everywhere do the stupidest, most

dangerous, idiotic things, all over the world, on camera and usually they're not even being paid for it.

They're doing it for fun!!

At least if this guy is not trying to feed the croc, he is trying to fee his family.

Hehe would of be funnier if you wrote "The guy has nuts, the guy is nuts! and he's lucky he still has nuts with a head attached... "

Thai man have nuts and need baht badly. Lucky for Thai man that croc let go after a gentle chomp. Think croc was looking for big nut with brain inside.
  • Like 1

Why every one posts comment on him do any one have courage to put his hear in crocs mouth let us appriciate his skill rather than discuss i hope no one is offended, let us think he earns his bread by doing his skill let us praise his courage for survival he is doing this may Budha Bless him and hope to perform one more time Good Luck man.

Do not get Dis appointed by such things get back to work .