Northern food in Bangkok?

andrewrooney

Any reccomendations on where to find Northern Thai food in Bangkok? I can't throw a rock without hitting an Isaan place or a Southern curry place but Northern food seems pretty elusive. There was a stand in the food court at The Mall Bangkapi that had pretty good kao soi, but it's gone now. There was a lady selling kao soi at the food park at Ramkamhaeng 127 as well, but she's not there anymore either. Some gang hunglae or other Northern food would be great too. Any ideas? I'm in Bangkapi, but other areas are fine also.wai.gif

OP again, thought I'd report back. After watching the whole Youtube clip I saw that one of the restaurants mentioned, Mahn Muang, is about a five minute drive from my place, and stays open until 9 PM! I went ahead and gave it a go. It's in Ramkamhaeng 112, if anybody else in the area is looking for northern food I would definitely recommend it. It's in an old-fashioned looking wooden house. Very nice atmosphere, lots of plants. Good kao soi, very flavorful, not overly sweet or creamy like I've had at some other places. They have a full menu of northern food, not just kao soi. An English language menu is available, one of the waiters spoke some English also. Fairly inexpensive, one bowl of kao soi, a coke, and a takeaway order of nam prik ong with veggies set me back 120 baht all together. I'll definitely be going back.

Google map in case anyone's interested: http://goo.gl/maps/vGUGL

Thanks again lomatopo for the video

The very same! I actually went back again this weekend and took my girlfriend. She absolutely loved it. She wants to bring her dad next time; he's from Nan so maybe he can give me some tips on what the best stuff to order is smile.png

• 1 month later...

In Bangna you can try out Kaylang House, they have a lot of excellent northern dishes. Personally I love the Northern Thai Spicy Sausage!

You can also order delivery to your home within Phra Khanong or Bangna. Just go to "GoTasty" website and they will have Kaylang House in their list.