PM Yingluck proposes reality show for brilliant beauties

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can clearly see where her priorities lie.......

- Yingluck has thought up this lovely little charade all by herself.

- The re-convening of parliament, on the other hand, isn't important enough that she should attend it.

• Like 2

Cabinet Minister - " PM we have more problems with the rice pledging, all the loans are in trouble, TAT is running out of tourist BS and your brother is fizzing over amnesty. What should we do ? "

YL - " Hmm, major problems. I know let's organise a contest for brainy and beautiful girls.

Minister - " Great idea PM, I take it you won't be entering ? "

• Like 2

We can clearly see where her priorities lie.......

- Yingluck has thought up this lovely little charade all by herself.

- The re-convening of parliament, on the other hand, isn't important enough that she should attend it.

Yes, and at a time when politicians in some other countries are beginning to question the effects of reality shows on society.

How about a show which showcases innovative thinkers and/or inventors of items that can tangibly benefit society and the environment? Could Thailand field any contestants?

As for beauty being a requirement. Imagine you're on the committee to pick contestants. For starters, do you weed out katoy or not? Secondly, you've got the women (and 3rd genders?) parading before you, and you have to pick which ones are pretty enough, and which ones fail the beauty requirement.

>>> "You on the right; yes" (big smile from her).

>>> "You, on the left, not pretty enough. Go home" (frown and tears).

It will be interesting to see how her spin doctors spin this, her newest bright idea.

What's next? Handsome men with the best bulges?

Edited by boomerangutang

Can smart ugly ones enter too?

apparently not. They will probably need to be tall, white skinned and have had the face reconstruction ie nose chin jobs. Personally I don't think this type of show will do anything for the self esteem or confidence of the majority of Thai women. All it will basically say to them is if you couldn't afford a decent education and are beautiful then you are nothing and will never be like us privileged few.

Wouldn't the resources and money be better used in education, combating domestic violence, child abuse and the trafficking of women instead of showcasing what a few may be blessed with?

Is this type of show even constitutional, with such specific restrictions on who can enter?

Way to go PM and keep those fantastic, brilliant, mastermind, genius ideas of yours coming. With such innovative thinking, I expect we'll see an end to world hunger, poverty and other problems any day now.This is a milestone in her career! Time to cut the strings coz she's thinking for herself.

What's next? How about an "apprentice" style format where teenage wanna-be MPs compete to steal the most and tell the biggest lies.

The Palestinians had one (reality show) for aspiring politicians.
  • Like 1

Name: Big Sister.

Aim: A test of Thainess.

Plot: Ten intelligent women willingly spend a week together in a twenty-sixth floor 40sqm condo.

It will end up as Bitch of the Year Contest
'Eliminated' takes on a whole new meaning.
  • Like 1

Name: Big Sister.

Aim: A test of Thainess.

Plot: Ten intelligent women willingly spend a week together in a twenty-sixth floor 40sqm condo.

It will end up as Bitch of the Year Contest
'Eliminated' takes on a whole new meaning.

Good One! Shows how what this country is and what we think as we must presume the contestants will be well connected, the result will be fixed and there will be " hit man needed " ads on Facebook if the competition gets hot.

• Like 1

Will Yingluck be one of the contestants?

I think that is the issue. She genuinely thinks she's both brilliant and beautiful.

I think this answers your question:

"Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has come up with an idea to boost her flagging popularity..."

Operative keyword: her

My goodness,52 posts and not one post from the Shinawatra cheerleaders. What's wrong here with this picture. I guess the subject matter is rather cheesy for any real sensible discussion.

I expect President Obama might be enjoying the joke though, given his affection for YL and all she stands for.

• Like 2

I think more interesting would be a reality program showing the world how Thai politicians and business people skim billions of dollar of the tax payers money. I would imagine that would be a massive hit

• Like 2

Is this a joke?

If not, is this really how Thailand's PM choose to spend her time, especially considering the many problems the country faces?

The worst part is, according to the article, this is her attempt at boosting her popularity, and considering the average intelligence and attention span of her average voter - it probably will boost her popularity sad.png

• Like 2

I have visions of the army, or the privy council sitting behind a big wooden desk, with Yingluck alongside the assembled candidates.

"Your mission today is to come up with a scheme to boost farmers incomes", cue visits to the country, and Khun Boo comes up with an idea to overpay by 50%, to which they all nod sagely as she's really smart and once worked for a mobile phone company.

Cue the end of the show.

"Who came up with this ridiculous idea. Not only did you manage to spend a gargantuan amount of money, you haven't managed to sell any rice and now you have millions of tons in the warehouse. I have never heard of such a stupid idea......How did you think this would ever be possible?"

"You're fired"

Fantasy mimicking reality, I think...

• Like 1