Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya - how and how much?

coralia

Will be arriving at Suvarnabhumi with an elderly lady + wheelchair, so we'll have to take the best and most straightforward means of transportation to Pattaya... What would that be and how much should we expect to pay? I remember there was some kind of "limousine service" in the arrivals hall (but I haven't been to Thailand in three years, perhaps that has changed), would that be the best way to go? And how much are they likely to charge us for Pattaya? I have never done this, always took the Bell bus, so I'm really worried.... Please advise.

Thank you.

If she can get into a Taxi just take one. They will ask for 1,500 baht but will accept 1,200 baht. Just ask if that includes tollways fees. If not then the tollways aren't much. Maybe 80 baht.

By this I mean just go to the place where all the taxis are and to the Kiosk that sells tickets and that is 1,500. If you talk to a taxi driver and he agrees on 1,200 he will tell the girl that but might be polite to give her 100 baht as I do

If she can get into a Taxi just take one. They will ask for 1,500 baht but will accept 1,200 baht. Just ask if that includes tollways fees. If not then the tollways aren't much. Maybe 80 baht.

By this I mean just go to the place where all the taxis are and to the Kiosk that sells tickets and that is 1,500. If you talk to a taxi driver and he agrees on 1,200 he will tell the girl that but might be polite to give her 100 baht as I do

You get to speak to the drivers? because it would be rather hard when the system is

queue, wait your turn, state your destination, girl states the price, if agree, she gives you a ticket and one to the next driver in line and off you go.

I pre book with thelimopattaya.com via the net, I have been using them for last 7 years modern cars, good service, and they have never let me down.1200 bht for a car inc tolls .

This seems to be the best option... According to their website, they don't ask for any advance payment.

• Like 1

I have been using Mr. Taxi for some years. Excellent service, possible to book on line. When I last used his service in may it cost 1,000 baht which included toll way costs.

I have also used Mr. T for a number of years and they have always been on time and provide a phone number in case something goes wrong. Price is 1,000 to Pattaya and 900 from Pattaya to BKK and they pay tolls. Many of their cars are CNG/LPG fueled so not much space in the trunk/boot. I know they have some vans so you might ask them for a booking and price with a small van to ensure you have space for wheelchair and luggage since at least 2 people it seems.

Email for them is [email protected].

Give that scammer girl a 100Bt tip? No way.

She is a scammer agent for the taxies. Let them tip her.

You get to speak to the drivers? because it would be rather hard when the system is

queue, wait your turn, state your destination, girl states the price, if agree, she gives you a ticket and one to the next driver in line and off you go.

Yes I do. Are you ok with that? May I continue please?

Yes I also agree with Mr. T however sometimes it's not easy to book online or with him because many times my flights have been delayed several hours so I'm just talking the best from non-booking.

Yes I also agree with Mr. T however sometimes it's not easy to book online or with him because many times my flights have been delayed several hours so I'm just talking the best from non-booking.

I am perfectly fine with that, if you could please explain how to talk to the driver? is it after you agree to the price given by the girl? or before? and if before, what exact driver do you talk to? since there is a line of them.

email nat at [email protected]. 1000 Baht. All tolls included. Have known her for years and have used her many times. . Very reliable. email her with the particulars of how many people there will be and she will respond quickly. She also runs tours to locations around Pattaya, shows and etc. She is VERY reliable. PM me if u want more info.

You can try Cherry taxi Pattaya may be can get a good price because them a good taxi service.

And them have a good service too. Contact info@cherrytaxiservice.com

I am perfectly fine with that, if you could please explain how to talk to the driver? is it after you agree to the price given by the girl? or before? and if before, what exact driver do you talk to? since there is a line of them.

One would think, the (world classblink.png) airport, with millions of customers would have the price posted instead of haggling each time?

Taxi Stand:

Girl-Where you go?

Customer-Pattaya.

Girl-1,500

Customer-Thats too much

Girl-OK 1,300

Customer-What's wrong with the taxi meter?

Girl-Ok Ok How much you pay?

Customer-I'll go up to departures and take my chances with the scammers up there.

One would think, the (world class:blink:) airport, with millions of customers would have the price posted instead of haggling each time?

Taxi Stand:

Girl-Where you go?

Customer-Pattaya.

Girl-1,500

Customer-Thats too much

Girl-OK 1,300

Customer-I'll go up to departures and take my chances with the scammers up there.

I once had a meter turned on and believe it or not, but Airport to Pattaya 2 road is 1400(not exact but rounded) baht plus tolls.So 1500 is about correct price. Also i found they do not haggle, every time at that taxi stand price is firm 1500 no negotiations, Only Gone manages to negotiate with a driver somehow, after agreeing on the price with the girl

Edited by lemoncake

One would think, the (world class:blink:) airport, with millions of customers would have the price posted instead of haggling each time?

Taxi Stand:

Girl-Where you go?

Customer-Pattaya.

Girl-1,500

Customer-Thats too much

Girl-OK 1,300

I once had a meter turned on and believe it or not, but Airport to Pattaya 2 road is 1400(not exact but rounded) baht plus tolls.So 1500 is about correct price. Also i found they do not haggle, every time at that taxi stand price is firm 1500 no negotiations, Only Gone manages to negotiate with a driver somehow, after agreeing on the price with the girl

The meter is only for use in Bkk, any destination outside Bkk has a set price, the set price for a meter taxi in bkk to Pattaya is 1,500 baht.

I know exactly what Gone did, he didnt get in the taxi queue, he walked straight to where the drivers stand waiting to be called, no need for anyone to talk to the girl.

As for going upstairs to departures I beleive that has been clamped down on, you may be lucky and get a taxi thats just arrived to drop someone off, but they are quickly moved on.

post-39258-0-06990800-1375187820_thumb.j

Taxi Stand:

Girl-Where you go?

Customer-Pattaya.

Girl-1,500

Customer-Thats too much

Girl-OK 1,300

The meter is only for use in Bkk, any destination outside Bkk has a set price, the set price for a meter taxi in bkk to Pattaya is 1,500 baht.

I know exactly what Gone did, he didnt get in the taxi queue, he walked straight to where the drivers stand waiting to be called, no need for anyone to talk to the girl.

As for going upstairs to departures I beleive that has been clamped down on, you may be lucky and get a taxi thats just arrived to drop someone off, but they are quickly moved on.

attachicon.giftaxi-rates-from-bangkok_1.jpg

I will repeat once again.

Once i had taxi turn on the meter from Suva to Pattaya and the meter was 1400(not exact but rounded)so the price of 1500 is around the price of meter if used.

i used taxi only 2 times. first time i ever been there and i thought to myself 1500 is ok. and the second time after i missed the bus to pattaya and my cousin was with me and he was tires so we went with a taxi. but both times it was hard to negotiate with the girl. all the other times bus was my only option (220 bahts). but since you have an elderly person with you, maybe bus is not the best option for you. thelimopattaya.com is the best option for you and your companion.

The easiest solution is to use the AOT cars. 3000 baht for a Camry to Pattaya, book at the desk as you exit immigration and you will be in the car and on your way within 10 minutes. There are cheaper options as mentioned above but if you want a no hassle and dont mind the price go with the AOT option.

I always haggle with the girl. Usually starts at 1,500 then goes to 1,300 easily. Throw in some Thai and do the "Thai wave" at the drivers and she goes to 1,000 in a heartbeat.

Once you've established the price, tell her you don't want a van or a junk car and it better be a new Accord or a Camry. There's invariably one available.

I always haggle with the girl. Usually starts at 1,500 then goes to 1,300 easily. Throw in some Thai and do the "Thai wave" at the drivers and she goes to 1,000 in a heartbeat.

Once you've established the price, tell her you don't want a van or a junk car and it better be a new Accord or a Camry. There's invariably one available.

Sounds like the average visitor needs a seminar before exiting the airport.

Why should the taxi desk girl pocket 300-500 baht per fare?

We all know why there is no sign posted stating fares.

Rip off the visitors the moment they land is the policy.