Good 'N' Cheap Jeans For Old Tolerant Men Who Are Not Too Picky, In Chiang Mai!

OldChinaHam

KSR1 do you know do they stock Man sizes in KSK, not just these little boy Local sizes ?

I looked at importing a pair in Man Size from the states and they worked out at over B5,000.

john

yes they have mainly large sizes 36 and up, 34 is the smallest they have, they have 34 evry once in a while.

I have seen 42 waist

I also have 2 pairs that I have cut into shorts and jog in them.

Not jeans but an excellent alternative are 5.11 Taclite Pro pants.

They can be found at the basement floor of Airport plaza at IBIS or at KSK on the second floor (1 floor above ground level) at the green & white signed export shop.

550 baht, very comfortable, cooler than jeans, lots of pockets and teflon treated for slight rain/stain protection. They cost 2000-2500 baht in the US. I stopped wearing jeans after i picked these up, theyre so comfortable.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Pants/Tactical-Pants/Taclite-Pro-Pants.html

I have worn 5.11 pants in Iraq and Afghanistan, heavier material than these but still very comfortable. And they wear extremely well...Ive still got a pair that Ive had for 5 years.

The only addition Id advise is to ensure you get a loose fit with these Taclite pants, this is due to the polyester material which can make you sweat if too tight. Once you have the right fit they are a great lightweight and comfortable brand of pants.

I believe they are 50/50 cotton /poly mix ripstop.

oldchinaham, the stores i mentioned also have a large selection of jeans that are overstock brand names. Quite a few different styles.

But for a good fit in jeans I like the Xact or A/Z brand, but they are not cheap. I prefer thinner denim in Thailad because its so hot and humid.

• Like 1

I was told once I passed 50 years old I should stop wearing jeans. I followed that advice.

Likewise. With the absence of a respectable bubble-butt, my jeans keep falling down around my ankles. Belt doesn't help. blink.png

• Like 1

I was told once I passed 50 years old I should stop wearing jeans. I followed that advice.

Likewise. With the absence of a respectable bubble-butt, my jeans keep falling down around my ankles. Belt doesn't help. blink.png

Yes, unfortunately we all loose that padding in back which holds up our trousers as we go through life.

I will try the KRS1 suggestions to see what happens.

They can be found at the basement floor of Airport plaza at IBIS or at KSK on the second floor (1 floor above ground level) at the green & white signed export shop.

550 baht, very comfortable, cooler than jeans, lots of pockets and teflon treated for slight rain/stain protection. They cost 2000-2500 baht in the US. I stopped wearing jeans after i picked these up, theyre so comfortable.

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Pants/Tactical-Pants/Taclite-Pro-Pants.html

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I just found these 511 in the IBIS store on ground floor Airport Plaza, they look and feel like the 'Real Deal', can't be sure though-but definitely seem like quality pants. They're going fast though, and soon it will only be 38 waist and above.

They are real, the buttons say 511 on them as well as the self locking zipper.

Check out KSK also, ive sent enough people to IBIS... spread the wealth

Both shops have additional stock in the back.

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

I have worn 5.11 pants in Iraq and Afghanistan, heavier material than these but still very comfortable. And they wear extremely well...Ive still got a pair that Ive had for 5 years.

The only addition Id advise is to ensure you get a loose fit with these Taclite pants, this is due to the polyester material which can make you sweat if too tight. Once you have the right fit they are a great lightweight and comfortable brand of pants.

Have you seen any 8" tactical boots in Chiang Mai?

if you go arond the north side of the outer moat there are numerous shops that sell army gear, in one of them i have seen Bates boots. Sizing will be the hard part.

if you can settle for hiking boots, sportsworld on the 3rd floor of KSK has a small selection by Merrell, its the one at the back of the mall, not the one inside the Central/Robinson (whatever it is)....The central department store has the ECCO brand also.

Another shop at airport plaza has redwing boots.

if you go arond the north side of the outer moat there are numerous shops that sell army gear, in one of them i have seen Bates boots. Sizing will be the hard part.

if you can settle for hiking boots, sportsworld on the 3rd floor of KSK has a small selection by Merrell, its the one at the back of the mall, not the one inside the Central/Robinson (whatever it is)....The central department store has the ECCO brand also.

Edited by merlin2002

I was in sportsworld KSK yesterday, didn't see any Merrell only saw North Face, and they didn't have my size. What floor did you see the Redwing boots and can you remember the shop name, thanks...

4 long winded posts in a row by the OP. Are you asking or telling? I just don't get why you troll all day long. You do realize that posting just to get responses out of people is trolling. You really aren't interested in finding actual jeans more than you are talking about how you used to get some so cheap and comparing everything to Taiwan. Get off your bum, unplug from the computer and go out shopping. You can find cheap jeans at most departments stores but they might not be a style or size that you like. Getting pants made costs 250-350 baht a pair plus material. Depending on how tall you are you will need 1.5 to 2 meters per pair. I really don't see why you have to detail your hygene plans and all of the other useless drivel you put into your posts if all you want is inexpensive yet moderately comfortable jeans. Go to Kadluang or just go to lotus/Big C. Find something that is a compromise and deal with it.

• Like 2

4 long winded posts in a row by the OP. Are you asking or telling? I just don't get why you troll all day long. You do realize that posting just to get responses out of people is trolling. You really aren't interested in finding actual jeans more than you are talking about how you used to get some so cheap and comparing everything to Taiwan. Get off your bum, unplug from the computer and go out shopping. You can find cheap jeans at most departments stores but they might not be a style or size that you like. Getting pants made costs 250-350 baht a pair plus material. Depending on how tall you are you will need 1.5 to 2 meters per pair. I really don't see why you have to detail your hygene plans and all of the other useless drivel you put into your posts if all you want is inexpensive yet moderately comfortable jeans. Go to Kadluang or just go to lotus/Big C. Find something that is a compromise and deal with it.

Aww heck--but this is all we have to do all day......

Edited by haybilly

Indeed. Just where does the OP think he is where someone will sell him a pair of jeans for 130 Baht? Get real OP. This is Thailand not Bangladesh or somewhere. As I look out my office window I see one neighbor with a Mercedes Benz and brand new Accord in the driveway, another with a Mercedes Benz and a BMW, while another with a BMW and brand new Toyota truck in their driveway. Do you think they (all Thais - who also own their nicely kept homes) achieved their level of sucess by selling jeans for 130 Baht per piece to foreigners? And when was the last time you were in Taiwan? The last time I was there which admittedly was only at the Airport, I didn't find things so cheap there. As I recall a bowl of Taiwanese noodles was US $7.00 for one bowl.

I just found these 511 in the IBIS store on ground floor Airport Plaza, they look and feel like the 'Real Deal', can't be sure though-but definitely seem like quality pants. They're going fast though, and soon it will only be 38 waist and above.

>>They're going fast though, and soon it will only be 38 waist and above.<<

Really ,when i was at Ibis today there was around 100,000 of them piled high in the shop .I bought two but have to get them shortened in leg lenght by about a meter .

There is a stall downstairs in Big C on the superhighway (one with tunnel) and the lady there (near escalator) sells very good quality shorts, trousers and jeans. The shorts are very very good, brands like dockers / dickies etc and are only 100 Baht I have no idea how she can make money.

I was in sportsworld KSK yesterday, didn't see any Merrell only saw North Face, and they didn't have my size. What floor did you see the Redwing boots and can you remember the shop name, thanks...

The redwing place was either on 2 or 3rd floor (not basement or floor above it). If you enter from the McDonalds side, its before the mall bends to the right at the escalators. Its a clothing store with redwing boots in the front display at the bottom. If entering from the Mcdonalds, its on the right side.

The athletic shoe store in the corner by the elevators also have some type of work/hiking boots. They were brand name, maybe caterpillar, but cant be sure. Selection is small.

The Merrell at KSK are on the racks that are like rows, the last row. (but now that you mention Northface, im not terribly sure anymore if they are Merrell or Northface, but i think i rememebr myself saying 'wow they have merrel' when i saw them, because i already knew they had Northface in a different section of sportsworld.

The sportsworld at Promenade also have a few boots, but i do only mean a few. Both sportsworlds are terribly expensive though.

No, there are a few Merrel shoes in the promotion at Sportsworld in KSK, I saw about 30 pairs in the large store at the rear of the 2nd floor-way out of my price range though, even at 10% discount. Don't get too excited though, as most of the pairs were trekking sandals or flip flop types.