China Southern and Guangzhou airport

brianw

Looking for flights UK to LOS have seen very good fares Xmas with China southern via Paris and Guangzhou. my question has any one flown with this airline and used G... airport any help ful comments

Can't help with the airport, but I've flown China Southern one time. It was OK. My friends flew them to the US last year and said it was quite nice. Should have been as they upgraded them to biz class for free!!!!

The Airport in GZ handles more passengers than BKK, and China Southern airline is really okay. No problem at all. But the online booking with China Southern is a little bit tricky (e.g. last time it took me quite a time to find out that the mandatory field "mobile number" only accepts Chinese mobile numbers....etc.)

The Airport in GZ handles more passengers than BKK, and China Southern airline is really okay. No problem at all. But the online booking with China Southern is a little bit tricky (e.g. last time it took me quite a time to find out that the mandatory field "mobile number" only accepts Chinese mobile numbers....etc.)

How did you work around that? I tried booking a flight but couldn't without a mainland China mobile number. the only other option was to go thru Expedia, Kayak, etc or thru a travel agent but the fare was more than double. Eventually I gave up and flew a different airline.

I provided a Chinese mobile number from a friend....:) They just send you the booking confirmation to the mobile, nothing else to do/confirm. I would call the Southern China hotline in GZ and ask how to do with the mobile number. The hotline is also quite helpful and efficient.

How did you work around that? I tried booking a flight but couldn't without a mainland China mobile number. the only other option was to go thru Expedia, Kayak, etc or thru a travel agent but the fare was more than double. Eventually I gave up and flew a different airline.

Try to book via ctrip.

I changed flights from international to domestic at that airport during the Asian games being held there and it was a nightmare lol, the airline was ok but I'm not sure I would do long haul with them in economy as I flew from BKK.