Where to find REAL pepperoni?

RaysFan

The wine shop at the Rimping shopping center near the Airport sells a choritzo sausage that's not bad.

Anyone traveling to Chiang Rai will find a range of imported sausages at the Chiang Rai Deli near the court house along with cheeses and other European delicacies.

post-99323-0-68075000-1379231256_thumb.j

I get mine at Rimping Hang dong I have them slice it paper thin . Its very greasey and has alot more fat in it than what I got back in the USA . I have had a few sticks shipped over from the US it was a real treat while it lasted ....... The best italian sausage I have found is from the [email protected] and I think I have tried about everyones ..... If anyone wants to see about splitting the shipping on a box from the US PM me ..... I might be able to get some shipped over .......

Edited by BB1955

• 2 months later...

You might find the real thing here... at the Sausage King.

http://www.sausage-king1.com/sausages/126-pepperoni-sausage.html

What Americans call pepperoni is a mixture of beef and pork. I don't think that's what Sausage King is offering.

No luck at Sausage King, but will try Makro Hang Dong today. Rimping (Nim City) has spicy Italian salami (labeled "Pepperoni"), but not the (American) pepperoni which many of us are looking for as a pizza topping. A Rimping staffer special-ordered for me 6-8 weeks ago, but not yet delivered.

Now heres a deal for you ! ! !

If its 1400 B P K at Rimping or Tops, you go to Makro and buy the 680 Baht Roll

Come to me and I'll slice it for you for ONLY 150 BPK ...... 680 + 150 = 830 Bht...... You save 570 Baht.

Why you can even suggest the thickness..... Choose the right thickness and your Makro Roll may even end up more than a kilo

Such a Deal

Hi Gonzo,

Is this (attachment) the TGM (Thai German Meats) pepperoni referred to? 650 baht per kilo at Makro today.

If so, I will give it a try . . . see if it's the REAL pepperoni that American pizza lovers know so well.

Thanks!

Edited by Mekong Bob