Papaya salad

RaysFan

2 things... I love papaya salad, and I love ped.....

I live in Chiang Mai and I will usually eat papaya salad as often as I see it when we get lunch or dinner (we eat Thai everyday). They will always ask my girlfriend if I can eat ped, of course she says yes, and we tell them to just make it normal, as they would for anyone else. Anyways, the last 5 or 6 times Ive eaten it, (last 2 weeks or so) its just been outrageously spicy.... Like so spicy, Im positive no Thai or farang will enjoy.....

Does anyone like papaya salad this ped??? Literally sweating, eyes watering, rose running..... I mean, I still eat it all...

"Does anyone like papaya salad this ped??? Literally sweating, eyes watering, rose running..... I mean, I still eat it all... "

Impossible to say. What makes some farang go bright red, start sweating, crying, nose running wouldn't faze others. There are times when I can eat something without an issue and my Thai friend is reaching for more tissues. Other times, vice versa.

You'd need some standard measurement for comparison. And yes, I like it hot, I dump chilli พริก into almost anything I'm cooking.

I can't take wasabi paste though. Not the heat issue. Something in it makes me cough and make my throat get irritated ... maybe allergic reaction.

The

Scoville scale is the measurement of the pungency (spicy heat) of chili peppers.

The number of Scoville heat units (SHU)[1] indicates the amount of capsaicin present per unit of dry mass. Capsaicin is a chemical compound that stimulates chemoreceptor nerve endings in the skin, especially the mucous membranes.

The scale is named after its creator, American pharmacist Wilbur Scoville. His method, devised in 1912, is known as the Scoville Organoleptic Test.[2] The modern commonplace method for quantitative analysis uses high-performance liquid chromatography, making it possible to directly measure capsaicinoid content.

Edited by Suradit69