Does anyone get physical books delivered from Amazon?

finy

It's a little late, but yes you can. I have had two or three Amazon book orders delivered here in Thailand. It costs more, but they will tell you how much the price with shipping is and you can cancel the order if you think it is too much. It typically takes about two weeks, but they may give a delievery estimate that is much longer. I've never been hit with an import tax; I don't think there is one for books (unlike clothes and other things).

Amazon seems to send less and less to these parts of the world. Whereas I could get pretty much everything delivered 10 years ago (Vietnam at the time); there are more and more restrictions. I did inquire about that and they told me it was because of copyright, liability, and warranty issues.

I set up a P.O. Box in the States (at a cost of course) and have Amazon deliver to it; from there it gets forwarded to me. Fastest time was 5 working days, more usual are 10-14 days.

I set up a P.O. Box in the States (at a cost of course) and have Amazon deliver to it; from there it gets forwarded to me. Fastest time was 5 working days, more usual are 10-14 days.

I've done the same thing. These days Amazon has become little more than a mega-front for hundreds of smaller companies who refuse to ship internationally. If I pick 10 items at random from Amazon, they tell me that 8 of them can't be shipped to my location. With a PO Box in the US, I can have anything shipped there, and they will even re-pack it for me, bundling items from different companies together, remove invoices if asked, and shipping to me by Express Mail so I can avoid UPS and FedEx. Most smaller packages avoid Customs duties. It's not a cheap alternative, but I figure that over the long term, the money I save by avoiding those to commercial carriers, combined with the convenience of having everything I want shipped to where ever I am makes it worthwhile to me.

• Like 2

I've done the same thing. These days Amazon has become little more than a mega-front for hundreds of smaller companies who refuse to ship internationally. If I pick 10 items at random from Amazon, they tell me that 8 of them can't be shipped to my location. With a PO Box in the US, I can have anything shipped there, and they will even re-pack it for me, bundling items from different companies together, remove invoices if asked, and shipping to me by Express Mail so I can avoid UPS and FedEx. Most smaller packages avoid Customs duties. It's not a cheap alternative, but I figure that over the long term, the money I save by avoiding those to commercial carriers, combined with the convenience of having everything I want shipped to where ever I am makes it worthwhile to me.

My thinking exactly. I am using MyUs now after having run into problems with Viaddress.

It's a great method. Actually, considering some of the very low prices to be found on a big variety of items at Amazon US, it just might be cost effective.

It's a great method. Actually, considering some of the very low prices to be found on a big variety of items at Amazon US, it just might be cost effective.

Not only that; some items I cannot find in either Cambodia or Thailand (e.g. shoes). I recently had some running shoes shipped; they were about USD 100.00. I checked: the same shoes in Europe were EUR 150.00.

A friend of mine told me he ordered every thing through Amazon in England and had no problem.

I have had problems with the mail lately one package from Canada and one letter from the states gone missing.

I've been buying DVDs from Amazon UK. They usually arrive within two weeks.

There are many things Amazon will not ship to Thailand. However I have never had problems getting physical books delivered from Amazon. Their overseas shipping charges add to the cost, but it's still cheaper than shipping to an intemediate address in the U.S. and then shipping to Thailand.