The Dutch consulate on Phuket will move per 1 August 2013

New address:

Hotel “Escape de Phuket” ,

126/42 Pracha Uthit 5 Road, Rassada District, Muang, Phuket,

Tel. Office: 076-528784-5

Mobile: 084-8529279

Fax: 076-528786

• Like 1

LOL. Never knew they had a Dutch consul here.

Great name for the place.

I guess Hotel Le Lovely Tuk Tuk Driver was full, as was Hotel Lub 2 Mutt. biggrin.png

Sounds like your French is a bit rusty.

There has been a Dutch consul since about 2? years, in the Dara Hotel (close to Central intersection). Considering the have quite a few addresses of the 'Dutch locals' i would have expected at least an email from embassy/consul.

You would think they had a mailing list.

Yes they have a mailing list and a email was send out with address change.

Never received anything, and both embassy and consul have all my contact information.

Edited by stevenl

Never received anything either, though the embassy has had my contact information for a very long time.

But consulates are usually more focused on business interests than on assisting/keeping in touch with individual citizens.

It's a shame, I would have loved to get to know you guys/ladies at a jenever drinking/herring eating party at the Dutch consulate.

Never received anything either, though the embassy has had my contact information for a very long time.

But consulates are usually more focused on business interests than on assisting/keeping in touch with individual citizens.

It's a shame, I would have loved to get to know you guys/ladies at a jenever drinking/herring eating party at the Dutch consulate.

I dont know why but i receive mails from the embassy on a regular (few times a year) when there is something special.

This time i received the mail about the address change, so i asume that they use a mailing list.

And i don't think it is fair to say that the consul is more interested in business interest as i know from experience that Mr Smulders is doing a lot of good things for Dutch people who have problems.

Edited by merijn

Finally able to download the map and it does not make any sense to me. Comparing the map with google maps does not help either. What I do know is that is is far far away from everything !! NOT a good place to have a consulate, not good at all.

So if anybody who knows Phuket town's layout and know how to work google maps could you please send me a route planner ? I need to see Seven Smulders but for the love of God with this map I might end up in Krabi.

Seven Smulders, hm. No Dutch person is called Seven, in the Netherlands there is a list of allowed first names, and Seven is definitely not on it. Maybe his name is Sven, which will be pronounced by many Thai people as Sewen.

Edited by keestha

Seven Smulders, hm. No Dutch person is called Seven, in the Netherlands there is a list of allowed first names, and Seven is definitely not on it. Maybe his name is Sven, which will be pronounced by many Thai people as Sewen.

Still Seven is his name. Sounds like he is from Limburg to me.

Finally able to download the map and it does not make any sense to me. Comparing the map with google maps does not help either. What I do know is that is is far far away from everything !! NOT a good place to have a consulate, not good at all.

So if anybody who knows Phuket town's layout and know how to work google maps could you please send me a route planner ? I need to see Seven Smulders but for the love of God with this map I might end up in Krabi.

Coming from Rawai: turn right at Tesco Lotus intersection, first road left, after 1,5? km on your left hand side.

Coming from Rawai: turn right at Tesco Lotus intersection, first road left, after 1,5? km on your left hand side.

Not according to their map, its somewhere behind a university

phuket-office-map.pdf

Not according to their map, its somewhere behind a university

Yes, that's it, just my description is clear :)

The consul is on the second bypass road. ( the road behind the main bypass road )

From Phuket Town take the left side street just before Pearl Toyota. ( this is the second bypass road )

From the bypass road coming from Lotus make 180 turn after the hill and drive back until you have the luxury car dealer shop on your left hand side.

Turn left straight after this and you end up at the second bypass road where you turn left again to get to the hotel where the consul is.

Or just give him a call and he will explain where it is.

And yes Seven is his real name.

From the bypass road coming from Lotus make 180 turn after the hill and drive back until you have the luxury car dealer shop on your left hand side.

Turn left straight after this and you end up at the second bypass road where you turn left again to get to the hotel where the consul is.

Or just turn right at Lotus, first road left and that is the correct road.

How about a google maps road map from rawai ? for I still can't find it

How about a google maps road map from rawai ? for I still can't find it

Naw. Coming from Rawai on Bypass road past Big C, turn right at Tesco/Lotus intersection, take first road left (has traffic lights, around 200 meters from Tesco intersection), after 100 meters road makes sharp turn to the right, and after 1,5 km on that road on your left hand side. Really easy, no way you can get lost.

Edited by stevenl

Would maybe make sense for him to google his own name or "Dutch consulate Phuket" frequently, and then react himself when mentioned in a webforum or whatever, when possible. You can also subscribe to a service doing this for you, they notify you whenever your name/business/whatever pops up online.