VISA Entry into US as a Canadian from Thailand?

Hi all, maybe this is a well known information but I'd like to know are Canadians waive from requiring VISAs if needing to travel to the US (for a short period of time say, 1 week)

I'm curious because I carry dual citizenship Thai/Canadian and it's been mentioned many times that I leave Thailand and get to Canada, and I can enter the US without VISA (I do carry both Thai/Canadian passports)

When buying a ticket to travel, would I be using my Thai passport to exit Thailand--or my Canadian one? Can I exit Thailand with my Thai passport and enter into Canada with my Canadian one and then likewise into US?

Help out a newb with lack of info,

Much appreciated!

Yes, no problem. People do that every day.

At immigration in Thailand you just show the Thai passport to get stamped in/out.

At check-in with the airline you present both passports, to confrm you do not need a visa. You must always present the passport that the ticket was bought on.

what passport did you originally enter Thailand on? You MUST depart Thailand on that passport.

But assuming you entered Thailand on your Thai passport, you must leave on it. Be sure to show the airline check-in your US passport so as to assure them that you are able to enter the US without a visa.

As a Canadian you do not need a visa to travel to the USA.

If you arrive by air you MUST show your Canadian passport to gain entry into the USA.

If you arrive by land or sea you can use your CDN passport or various other ID's.

You can find more information on the US Customs and Border Protection website

S.B.