Non Immigrant O With Multiple Entries, Report 90 ?

As usual, a little confused with these reporting requirements. I have a non immigrant o visa, married to a fine Thai lady, with a multiple reentry permit. When I obtained the visa I was told that I did not have to report every 90 days, since I travel outside Thailand often. The question is after reading the posts on reporting every 90 days, will I have to report even though I have the multiple entry permit as well as the one year non immigrant o visa.

That is quite right.

Each time you fill in a new TM (immigration) card at the airport/border you are

effectively registering your address, and that is all you need to do.

I have had this discussion at my local office several times, they try to get stroppy, but argue back. Show them your last entry stamp and say I reported then!! If the ordinary officer still does not agree take it up to the Colonel in charge, or even to Suan Plu.

However watch out. Who owns then house you live in? Your wife?

She has to report to immigration everytime you come back to live in the house, or she will get fined. I know, it happened to my wife.

I have had this discussion at my local office several times, they try to get stroppy, but argue back

Just a thought but could memories of this conversation perhaps be part of the reason your wife was fined? I don't know of many who do this reporting and even fewer who have been fined. And I sure would not expound on argument to make a smooth road. :o

As usual, a little confused with these reporting requirements. I have a non immigrant o visa, married to a fine Thai lady, with a multiple reentry permit. When I obtained the visa I was told that I did not have to report every 90 days, since I travel outside Thailand often. The question is after reading the posts on reporting every 90 days, will I have to report even though I have the multiple entry permit as well as the one year non immigrant o visa.

As long as you are out of Thailand before the 90 days are up, no problems at all. If not, you must report to Immigration every 90 days.

The question is after reading the posts on reporting every 90 days,

bkkharry

The problem comes from the wording of the Posts.

The regulation does not require anybody "to report every 90 days."

The requirement on the TM6 card that we all have in our Passport says:

5. MUST NOTIFY YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE TO THE IMMIGRATION

OFFICE IF YOU STAY LONGER THAN 90 DAYS AND ARE

REQUIRED TO DO SO EVERY 90 DAYS.

If you have been given a 90 days stay on a Non Imm "o" visa, Since

that entry stamp does not permit you to STAY longer than 90 days

the regulation cannot apply to you.

If you have had the 90 day stay extended then the Regulation does apply to you.

While on the TM6 Card - a reminder that it also says:

4. IN CASE OF CHANGE OF ADDRESS FROM WHAT IS STATED

IN THIS FORM MUST NOTIFY THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE WITHIN

TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

On the subject of House Owners reporting

I am opening a different thread in the hope

we can get some more experience of members

Roger

Edited by Roger13

Yes he does ( if he stays 90 days )...he has an extended visa with a multiple re-entry permit. So far it seems he gets out in time without making a full 90 days.

Each time you fill in a new TM (immigration) card at the airport/border you are

effectively registering your address, and that is all you need to do.

that is not entirely true, look again at the TM , entering thailand only starts the 90 day clock ticking again. yes, most have 30, 60 or 90 day entry stamps and don't have to worry about it.
MUST NOTIFY YOUR PLACE OF RESIDENCE TO THE IMMIGRATION OFFICE IF YOU STAY LONGER THAN NINETY DAYS AND ARE REQUIRED TO DO SO EVERY NINETY DAYS.

this applies to everyone, whether you have a tourist visa with a bunch of extensions , or non immigrant that only allows 90 days of stay and have an extension. if anyone goes over that 90 days there will be a fine and a stamp in your passport.

note: if you are given numerous extensions from thai immigration while awaiting on an approval for the final extension, this does not qualify for listing your local address and you will be fined. i found this it out the hard way !

So far it seems he gets out in time without making a full 90 days.

true, he has left thailand it appears everytime within 90 days or he would be nailed.

TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

How can this be practical? In my case I get in on my 90 day non o entry visa state my address on the TM card then quite often go here there and anywhere travelling. Are you suppose to go to immigration every time you book into a new hotel just for a night? I never have.

My non immigrant O visa is valid until May 30th, 2004. In addition I have the multiple entry visa. After reviewing all my passport stamps I received upon entering Thailand during the last year, each one is stamped that I am addmitted until May 30th, 2004. I just returned to Thailand on February 18th and the stamp in my passport says valid until May 30th. The last two times Immigration did not stamp the date on the TM card but on the immigraton stamp in my passport.

Any thoughts? If I stay more than 90 days, will I then have to report?

My non immigrant O visa is valid until May 30th, 2004. In addition I have the multiple entry visa

Believe you have "an extension of stay" based on the multi entry visa and that extension is valid until May 30. This is not a visa but an extension based on a visa (which can be expired).

If you do not travel again you are required to report your address about May 18. As you also have to extend you stay at about the same time I would try to do both in the same trip.

The stamps you receive on entry all carry the date of your re-entry permit which in turn carries the extension of stay date. Visas are not being used now.

My non immigrant O visa is valid until May 30th, 2004. In addition I have the multiple entry visa. After reviewing all my passport stamps I received upon entering Thailand during the last year, each one is stamped that I am addmitted until May 30th, 2004. I just returned to Thailand on February 18th and the stamp in my passport says valid until May 30th. The last two times Immigration did not stamp the date on the TM card but on the immigraton stamp in my passport.

Any thoughts? If I stay more than 90 days, will I then have to report?

You arrived on 18 February and were admitted until 30 May. That is more than 90 days. The only possible explanation is that you are on a one year extended visa and you have a multiple entry re-entry permit. Your extension ends and you need to get to Immigration and re-extend for another year prior to 30 May. You need a letter from your bank evidencing funds and a medical certificate. If this is not the case, there is something very wrong. But it sounds as though you must be on an extended visa.

Thanks Lopburi3 and Dr, think I finally understand. I do have a couple more trips outside of Thailand before May 30th, guess I will have to ask more questions at Immigration when I reapply for extension of my Non Immigrant O visa, and multiple entry visa in May. Once again thanks, great site and wonderful information provided by all.

If I stay more than 90 days, will I then have to report?

YES !!

Irrespective of anything else.

It is a completely different exercise.

bkkharry

We have all been assuming that you did get an

extension of upto a year of your original visa.

Can you tell us please - Is that Correct?

Roger

YES !!

bkkharry

We have all been assuming that you did get an

extension of upto a year of your original visa.

Can you tell us please - Is that Correct?

Roger

It ain't always easy :o

YES !!

i agree it is an exercise, you can take the elevator but i prefer to climb up 4 sets of stairs to room 401, bangkok

QUOTE (Roger13 @ Sun 2004-02-22, 14:24:06)

TWENTY FOUR HOURS.

How can this be practical? In my case I get in on my 90 day non o entry visa state my address on the TM card then quite often go here there and anywhere travelling. Are you suppose to go to immigration every time you book into a new hotel just for a night? I never have.

the address you have been putting on your TM card isn't a hotel but the address you use when you first received your non immigrant O.

regardless, traveling around thailand is just that, not a change of address.

Roger

I applied for a non immigrant o visa, as I am married to a thai, on May 30th, visa was approved on September 8th, also asked for multiple entry (visa) permit at the same time.

!st multiple reentry permit which i recieived was good until August 29th. When I was approved for and received non immigrant o visa on September 8th also paid for and received new reenty permit which is good till May 30th, same day my non immigrant visa expires.

I have had this discussion at my local office several times, they try to get stroppy, but argue back

Just a thought but could memories of this conversation perhaps be part of the reason your wife was fined? I don't know of many who do this reporting and even fewer who have been fined. And I sure would not expound on argument to make a smooth road. :o

I don't think so. They wanted to fine me as well, until I argued!!