Mini Bus driver scrolling pix at 80 km/hour

angrybird

Yesterday at 5.30 am along Expressway 7. raining and dark, at 80km'hour, the minibus driver started to scroll through his cellphone pix to show and discuss with the passenger alongside him. As usual like most drivers he was too close to vehicle in front.

I remonstrated with him in sign language, and he grumpily put the phone away.

I would have liked to disembark but.....

I have seen a girl driving the motorbike at 50-60 km/h in dense traffic and writing SMS (or facebook or whatever) at the same time.

I really can't multi-task like that. Driving and reading the map inside city was always very difficult for me.....

Some people can handle the microscope with the left hand and look with the left eye and draw what they see with the right hand and watch it with the right eye.

I could only by switching my attention between every second but never real dual.

I have seen a girl driving the motorbike at 50-60 km/h in dense traffic and writing SMS (or facebook or whatever) at the same time.

I really can't multi-task like that.

Looking at the carnage on Thailand's roads, most Thais cannot multi-task like that either.

But evolution at work...in 1000 years all can the others are extinguished.

Looking at the carnage on Thailand's roads, most Thais cannot multi-task like that either.

But evolution at work...in 1000 years all can the others are extinguished.

In 1000 years that will be an obsolete redundant skill as everything will be done for us by multitaking robots anyway. I just cannot wait to see that.

Why was the minibus driver going so slow - 80klm/h is virtually reverse for those suicide jockeys. w00t.gif

because he watched the photos, discussed them with the passengers, spoke on the other phone with mia noi and watched a movie while changing the radio station.

So he had to reduce speed from 160 to 80 because "Safety first"

• Like 1

Why was the minibus driver going so slow - 80klm/h is virtually reverse for those suicide jockeys. w00t.gif

because he watched the photos, discussed them with the passengers, spoke on the other phone with mia noi and watched a movie while changing the radio station.

But he was obeying the second minibusdriver rule: drive as close as possible to the vehicle in front, and if you have hands free, flash your headlights.

I take photos whilst driving, not recommended by the way if you do not know the road nor the traffic.coffee1.gif

Not recommended even if you do coffee1.gif

Can you make a fast decision ?

Driving at 80kph plus, the vehicle in front suddenly comes to screeching halt.

You have two Vindaloo take-aways on the passenger seat. They are not held down in any way.

Answers please.smile.png

But he was obeying the second minibusdriver rule: drive as close as possible to the vehicle in front, and if you have hands free, flash your headlights.

The hands free is that for the phone or the steering wheel or both?

" and he grumpily put the phone away."

That would be considered a success.

The last time I clearly showed my disapproval to someone driving and talking on the phone, the person had no idea what problem there might be...

Sure they can. They just can't drive while multi-tasking. :(

Or they just can't drive... :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I really can't multi-task like that. Driving and reading the map inside city was always very difficult for me.....

Some people can handle the microscope with the left hand and look with the left eye and draw what they see with the right hand and watch it with the right eye.

I could only by switching my attention between every second but never real dual.

Ok, but you don't have the necessary protection from Budha, do we have to understand you work in a lab?

just kidding

Ah, now I understand better the train accident in Spain last week , where the driver left close to 80 dead and about the same amount seriously injured. For once not a joke. By the way , the guy is free for the moment.

Not only Thailand has idiots.

sorry.gif

• Like 1

Ok, but you don't have the necessary protection from Budha, do we have to understand you work in a lab?

just kidding

aaaahhh right you need an Amulett that protects you from accidents...

not anymore in the lab..... I just learned for the lab but work something different.

We can all joke and laugh. But it is serious. I will not travel by mini bus anymore. Also avoid taxis on highways. Only use drivers l know. Mad suicidal country

I recall three things: Traveled in the middle of the night to the airport. Taxi did not take the highway to save my money, than because of a misunderstanding thought I am already late and speed 130 down the small streets....

Taxi had a massive bubble on the surface of the tire. that didn't stop him to speed whatever the car could do.

Taxi had the "synchron rings" broken in the gear box. So need to double press clutch (and for down speed up the engine) on switching gears. As well the brake leak, so he had to full press it once, release it and than he could use it.

In the dense traffic in Thailand he worked like on a keyboard with his feet.....

On a recent border run I paid extra thinking I would get a better service and driver.

No this guy was watching movies as we drove and then got busted shortly after we left the check point with an overload of cigarettes. 40,194 was his fine for the day.

I took a bus to Sariburi and the driver had an incident with another driver so they began swerving at each other and he pulled a small bat out to start swerving this at the other driver. All the other passengers just sat there quiet.

I spotted the first driver again at the border and he again had a bag load of cigarettes. He burst into laughter, some never learn.

One more.

I invited my family over to visit me and we took a trip to Hua Hin.

Taxi broke down half way and he said sorry I not service it for one year. I was like is this car even that old? He said yes I mean sorry I never service this car from when buy new.

We sat on the side of the road for two hours why he tried to arrange one of his mates to pick us up this ensuring he was still fully paid.