Mini Bus driver scrolling pix at 80 km/hour

angrybird

Of course, the second most important place to complain is not really Thaivisa but the company office that the driver works for. Be factual and clear. They will act upon it. Thailand is a deeply hierarchical society. Use the systems that exist.

p.s. You already successfully complained to the most important place, the driver himself, thus relieved the immediate danger.

• Like 1

On a recent border run I paid extra thinking I would get a better service and driver.

Really, pay more = better service? In Thailand? cheesy.gif

Clearly the taxi driver was not a local engaged from the area of the crossing itself.

The trick is to take a taxi/bus/car/etc from your home to the area of the border crossing then employ a local taxi driver to take you over and back, by some magical means the local driver and their weight laden down cars (look at the rear wheel arches) are exempt from customs inspections. whistling.gif

(an appropriate tip is arranged for this service to balance the value of the service vs the short nature of the run)

Coming back to the driver's cigarette fine: can by some remote divine method of connect the dots deduction process can you equate the driver that charges a higher fee for their services with the ability to swallow a 40,000 Baht fine?

Seems to make sense if the driver charges a farang-factor on his fee that if he gets stopped 1 in 5 times he still makes a profit overall selling non-taxed cigarettes with the increased overheads paid by the farang.

I have seen a girl driving the motorbike at 50-60 km/h in dense traffic and writing SMS (or facebook or whatever) at the same time.

I really can't multi-task like that.

Looking at the carnage on Thailand's roads, most Thais cannot multi-task like that either.

Upon moving here I quickly realized that multi-tasking here just involves breathing and existing at the same time.

Once I got cut up by an idiot driving too fast while using his mobile phone. I got such a fright my bowl of cornflakes spilled all over my lap & the newspaper I was reading flew out the window! cheesy.gif

Please don't tell me you spilt the KY -

I take photos whilst driving, not recommended by the way if you do not know the road nor the traffic.coffee1.gif

Not recommended even if you do coffee1.gif

Can you make a fast decision ?

Driving at 80kph plus, the vehicle in front suddenly comes to screeching halt.

You have two Vindaloo take-aways on the passenger seat. They are not held down in any way.

Answers please.smile.png

Were they on the seat AFTER they'd been eaten!

I noticed yesterday new posters around Chiang Mai, showing pictures of mobile phones and a graphic showing they should not be used while driving. It's a start.

In Oz, there is now a horrendous fine and demerit points for even touching a phone while driving, whether a car or motorbike.

A bus trip to and from NY-Boston with a NY Chinese bus company, the Chinese driver was driving and trying to look up for a phone# on his cell phone during a heavy rain. Actually he was looking down to search for # to call instead of looking up !!.

After I got home, I telephoned to the company made a complaint and a representative actually returned my call to take further action.

Edited by BrooklynNY

Always wear your seat belt, you have better chance than the locals of staying alive. The pictures were really good though..............big car smash!!whistling.gif

I always retrieve the selt belt when there is one, often have to use my knife to cut thro the cable ties.

I think the only ones that are free are those I released previously.

The locals are indifferent to their use, I suppose 'cos there are always thingys dangling or placed in front that overcome the laws

of physics.or is it just fatallism ?

Always wear your seat belt, you have better chance than the locals of staying alive. The pictures were really good though..............big car smash!!whistling.gif

I always retrieve the selt belt when there is one, often have to use my knife to cut thro the cable ties.

The locals are indifferent to their use, I suppose 'cos there are always thingys dangling or placed in front that overcome the laws

Thais learn from copying other Thais. You need a critical mass of Thais, say 20%, to start using seatbelts on rot dtoos and the majority will copy often without knowingly making a consciuos decision.

I have seen a girl driving the motorbike at 50-60 km/h in dense traffic and writing SMS (or facebook or whatever) at the same time.

I really can't multi-task like that. Driving and reading the map inside city was always very difficult for me.....

Some people can handle the microscope with the left hand and look with the left eye and draw what they see with the right hand and watch it with the right eye.

I could only by switching my attention between every second but never real dual.

Once saw a thai young lady on a motorbike holding a new baby and umbrella in the rain talking on her phone and doing 45 kph, wish I had my camera.

If you have a talisman that protects you and you get born again you don't need a seat belt, or?

I really can't multi-task like that. Driving and reading the map inside city was always very difficult for me.....

Some people can handle the microscope with the left hand and look with the left eye and draw what they see with the right hand and watch it with the right eye.

I could only by switching my attention between every second but never real dual.

Once saw a thai young lady on a motorbike holding a new baby and umbrella in the rain talking on her phone and doing 45 kph, wish I had my camera.

she must had 4 hands?

Once I got cut up by an idiot driving too fast while using his mobile phone. I got such a fright my bowl of cornflakes spilled all over my lap & the newspaper I was reading flew out the window! cheesy.gif

Please don't tell me you spilt the KY -

KY?????? What exactly are you insinuating? I find your comment very strange!