Australian Dollar, Thai Bhat, US$

pachoderm

Whenever I do an internet TT from Westpac they always ask for a reason; for my monthly living expenses I state 'Pers expenses', when I transfered monies to buy my condo thats what I stated, ie 'To buy a condo'. Never had a problem

You could always just ask koschi ! Speculation is all you will get on the Ozzie dollar and how it will continue to fluctuate .. Personally , I'd wait it out if you are coming here in a few months ..

Only reason I'm bothering to reply to this l is that I am a well travelled and experienced one at that .. I know how to handle myself and have been a boxer on and off .. Now I'm staying in a guest house with little or no security .. So I decided to take my cash and passport out with me lat night , instead of leavi g it behind ..

Boy was that the wrong choice ..

I ended up in the e wrong bar , the wrong time of night .. No tourists around. And I was extorted ! 10 Thai , men and women punched me in the head and would not let me leave until I paid them . It started over a dispute on a bar tab which was not mine to begin with ... I paid the bar tab just to keep the peace .

They put there hands in my pockets and seen that I had cash and things escalated rapidly ! The took 200 aus dollar .. Lucky I had the per 1000 stashed indie a slip that they never seen ..

I know it costs money to keep your cash in the bank and they charge you $5 per transaction and a 3% fee on whatever you take out , but is it worst carrying 10k around you ?

• Like 1