“Demolition Order on South Pattaya Hotel stands” says Senior Civil Engineer

Rimmer

“Demolition Order on South Pattaya Hotel stands” says Senior Civil Engineer

hotel-2.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Thursday Afternoon, as the 7-day demolition order on a South Pattaya Hotel is set to expire, a Senior Civil Engineer confirmed that the order stands and if the unauthorized extensions to the Hotel are not demolished, the city will do the job themselves.

Officials from the Office of Public Works and Town Planning, a department of the Chonburi Provincial Administration visited the Boutique Hotel Pattaya in Soi VC, and a Senior Civil Engineer confirmed to the owner of the Hotel, who has ignored all previous orders, the demolition order is legal and a criminal case will be initiated by Police if the order is not followed.

Officials confirmed that the extensions to the Hotel are in contravention of the Bureaucratic Administrative Procedures Act 1996 Section 58(1) and Section 59 and the city will demolish the building themselves
PATTAYA:--http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/97696/demolition-order-south-pattaya-hotel-stands-senior-civil-engineer/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-02

Since there's no mention of the place being closed down I assume it's still open for business. That would mean that the Council is prepared to allow unwitting tourists to stay in a building the Council knows to be structurally unsound.

• 2 weeks later...

I think its now getting really funny.

a Senior Civil Engineer confirmed that the order stands and if the unauthorized extensions to the Hotel are not demolished, the city will do the job themselves.

Would love to see them demolish private property and then be sued for damages. They can not touch the building without the court order.

But then the next line the demolition order is legal and a criminal case will be initiated by Police if the order is not followed.

Clearly owner is either well connected, very smart or simply does not know how to take down tops floors without damaging the rest.

City officials once doing some research, may also find it very hard to find a firm who will be willing to take down the extra floors as they will damage the rest and can be sued for compensation.

This one, i like to see till the end

I think its now getting really funny.

a Senior Civil Engineer confirmed that the order stands and if the unauthorized extensions to the Hotel are not demolished, the city will do the job themselves.

Would love to see them demolish private property and then be sued for damages. They can not touch the building without the court order.

But then the next line the demolition order is legal and a criminal case will be initiated by Police if the order is not followed.

Clearly owner is either well connected, very smart or simply does not know how to take down tops floors without damaging the rest.

City officials once doing some research, may also find it very hard to find a firm who will be willing to take down the extra floors as they will damage the rest and can be sued for compensation.

This one, i like to see till the end

I am sure city hall could get round this one by having one of their engineers declaring that the structure of the whole building has been put under stress with the added load and therefore the whole building is unsafe and should be demolished...............but we shall see, or not as the case may be!

• Like 1

Two things will be occurring over the next long time period. The sun will rise each day,

and this hotel will be standing each day......

I am sure City Hall will file a law suit and building owner would be fined something like 100 000 baht at the most and life will go on

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i can see the building from my balcony and it still standing, i dont expect any changes soon if ever.

Ever is a long time. The building might decide to demolish itself the way they often do in India and Bangladesh. That's why it's important to come down hard on this practice.

post-70418-0-51119200-1380384424_thumb.j

• Like 1