Apple Id runaround

hermespan

Firstly, I don't recall being asked for DNA, blood type and zodiac when I used a Mac in the nineties. I find the 'privacy'' and security steps in Apple to be intrusive and complicated. But to the natter at hand.

When I bought my iphone and registered it to John Doe from Mars the salesman asked for my email address so I compromised on rivacy and gave it to him so we could set up icloud etc.

All was well until I wanted to download some apps. PC software sharers and sellers don't want to know what I had for breakfast (though Google's Android is pretty close to it). Why does Apple, and more germain why do app companies?

Aside from political resistance to this trend it causes problems. I keep getting messages at app downloads that either my password or email address is wrong. So I reset it and start over. Same again. Round and round the mulberry bush. I have a life to live separate from computers! Sigh.

Stop dicking around and perhaps they'll stop doing the same.

You register the with the information they request because at some point you'll need to either purchase software (financial transaction) or update your device.

They want to make sure you are you and not a fraudster. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

Apple's dealing with icloud accounts is a complete joke when it comes to security. They have only recently implemented 2 factor authentication but it is completely useless when you can download icloud backups as well as photo stream with only the account id and password. Disable icloud and all of its fingers if you want to be left alone.