Honda cbr650 2014

Oh what happened to katabeachbum? i thought his comments were funny sometimes

Still in jail. Photoed here with police volunteer Lars-Goran Dikander who passed away last week. (No, he never bought a bike from me.)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/734861-phuket-body-in-bin-hearings-postponed-to-november/

what a story!

phuket sounds like a dangerous place!

No more so than the rest of Thailand.

So the guy who I thought had my old bike (and thus my old green book, a copy of which would prove a paid off the loan and eliminate the need for a Thai garuntor) in his rental fleet said he had it stolen by a Ukranian using a fake passport. Anyway, he claimed he bought it directly from Kawasaki, but I swear it was the same number plate. Now I go down to Krungsri to shake a document out of them showing I paid my loan off. It's a TIT thing, but the finance people do not have access to that information as "it's a different department." But surely they must be able to provide me a document proving I paid off the old loan which I can then give to their own company's loan approval department.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just curious what's the RPM @140 on the CBR 650f?

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Which gear?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

1 other question , what is the fuel economy and how many kilometres on a full tank of fuel

post-158619-0-03249400-1404452856_thumb.really surprised for 6000 thb rim set!

they ask 4000 - 5000 thb for a new set of good rims for my Honda wave125x!

Picked it up at Big Wing Pattaya Today! I added the Moth Racing Sliders and rear spool adaptors as well as a r&g rad cover. I payed 8500 baht for the 2nd set of rims in black.

Edited by ntv69

1 other question , what is the fuel economy and how many kilometres on a full tank of fuel

I get around 16 km per lit in bangkok but riding aggressive.

If you be careful a bit close to 19 - 20 km/l is possible.

Open roads i exaggerate things but if you ride around 120 kph, you can get around 22 - 23 km/l according to the reviews which i never see.

It is still economical.

Which gear?

According to my estimations, 140 kph for cbr650f:

At 2nd gear, it is near redline.

At 3rd around 9500 rpm.

At 4th around 8500 rpm.

At 5th around 7500 rpm

At 6th, is around 6000 rpm.

Edited by ll2

attachicon.gifIMG_4027.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4026.JPGreally surprised for 6000 thb rim set!

Picked it up at Big Wing Pattaya Today! I added the Moth Racing Sliders and rear spool adaptors as well as a r&g rad cover. I payed 8500 baht for the 2nd set of rims in black.

post-158619-0-11563900-1404453479_thumb.

attachicon.gifIMG_4027.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4026.JPGreally surprised for 6000 thb rim set!

nice, looks different with black rims.

consider powder coating the rearset and pegs too then!

nice bike, happy rides!

consider a tail tidy, seat cover and a mud guard for rainy season than it will look much more better!

you can sell the old rims to offset the price of the second set too.

how did you find it?

Edited by ll2

nice bike, happy rides!

consider a tail tidy, seat cover and a mud guard for rainy season than it will look much more better!

how did you find it?

Today only drove briefly 15km home. I just flew in from Russia yesterday, after a long month of work. So am still jet lagged, adjusting again to the heat and the flow of traffic after not driving and being here for 3 months. So far so good.

I see a few different tail tidy's to choose from now here. The looks of the mud guard have grown on me. I like your seat cover, is it the same red?

nice bike, happy rides!

how did you find it?

Today only drove briefly 15km home. I just flew in from Russia yesterday, after a long month of work. So am still jet lagged, adjusting again to the heat and the flow of traffic after not driving and being here for 3 months. So far so good.

I see a few different tail tidy's to choose from now here. The looks of the mud guard have grown on me. I like your seat cover, is it the same red?

check k speed and some other big bike shop websites from cbr650f thai forum or mocyc.com. they have tailtidies as low as 1300 - 1700 thb. and all of them are fine.

regarding seat cover, a guy in Hua Hin is making them custom so he can do any color. price 2900 thb.

mud guard is like 2400 thb but get the 'phoenix' brand only as it is mounted from two sides of the swing arm and very sturdy, no rattle or shake.

after installing the mud guard, no road dirt on my seat of gfs back and if you get the tail tidy, it is a must as rear tire was throwing a lot of dirt to the back, even to my neck and helmet.

take it easy though until you get adjusted to Thailand again.

Edited by ll2

Which gear?

According to my estimations, 140 kph for cbr650f:

At 2nd gear, it is near redline.

At 3rd around 9500 rpm.

At 4th around 8500 rpm.

At 5th around 7500 rpm

At 6th, is around 6000 rpm.

Yea I was referring to the final gear for fuel economy. Thanks

I was in my truck today following someone on a cb650f. It looked good but there was one thing that looked funny to me. The bike had a tail tidy and no plate so the whole rear wheel was easy to see. The rear wheel looked really fat but small in diameter. I know its a 17 but it looked oddly short and fat on the bike. Might have been from the angle I was looking from. The header pipes also looked good but I could only see those in my mirror after I passed the bike.

nice bike, happy rides!

how did you find it?

check k speed and some other big bike shop websites from cbr650f thai forum or mocyc.com. they have tailtidies as low as 1300 - 1700 thb. and all of them are fine.

regarding seat cover, a guy in Hua Hin is making them custom so he can do any color. price 2900 thb.

mud guard is like 2400 thb but get the 'phoenix' brand only as it is mounted from two sides of the swing arm and very sturdy, no rattle or shake.

after installing the mud guard, no road dirt on my seat of gfs back and if you get the tail tidy, it is a must as rear tire was throwing a lot of dirt to the back, even to my neck and helmet.

Have you seen the motive mud guard from k speed in person? Mounts on both sides, and can keep spools.

post-158619-0-55831600-1404933707_thumb.

post-158619-0-36131900-1404933708_thumb.

post-158619-0-07867100-1404933709_thumb.

post-158619-0-54094200-1404933816_thumb.

Have you seen the motive mud guard from k speed in person? Mounts on both sides, and can keep spools.

yeah, i have seen it ntv69, thanks.

but that time, it was not available and it looks not that good too, it is looking like the ones they do for msx or scooters with tailtidy.

hope Phonenix brand guys see the more clever mounting points and adjust their product accordingly.

i dont use spools much anyway nowadays. a lot of work so just park my bike on its side stand.

I will remove the mudguard once the rains are over sure.

^^^^ that just looks plain WRONG. WHY bother taking off the original one which looks pleasant and replace it with that .......... <deleted>!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you mean the stock tail?

it does not look pleasant to my eyes, that is why.

it makes the bike look longer and uglier especially with the large Thai plates.

I've also got a mud guard on my CB500F, 1900 Baht installed at 109Racing, it's a bit heavy but definitely strong and high quality. it's a must, makes huge difference on the wet roads. For commuting with your back pack and with the GF riding at the back.

10551841_747626765279874_2065380247_n.jp

shop: https://www.facebook.com/109RacingClub

edit: added link to 109 FB link

Edited by brfsa2

The CBR650F has been reviewed on the Cycle News free online magazine.

"We recently had the opportunity to sample Honda’s new CBR650F and came away impressed with the bike that fits in nicely between the CBR500R and the CBR600RR"

can read the whole thing online free, or even download the whole PDF to read on tablet.

http://cyclenews.uberflip.com/i/346427

Was at bigwing yesterday and lots of riders there.

Noticed another full system this time from 'Performance Thailand'

They say 22k and 5 percent increase in performace - dyno tested and proven. Talked with the owner. He showed me dyno sheet.

Also it sounds good. Not loud but a nice tone.

That looks like a Two Brothers knock off for the can eh?

Sc Project says there are releasing exhaust next week. Not sure if it will be under swing arm style or what. Hopefully will be similar to there ER-6N systems.

post-158619-0-84080200-1405421922_thumb.post-158619-0-20953400-1405421926_thumb.

Edited by ntv69