We Got It!

:o quick background.

My Thai bf and I have been together going on 2 years now. lived together for a year and a half, I worked in Thailand but have been in Korea since November working for a bit. This summer I am going home to Canada for a visit and wanted to bring my bf. We put together a 30 page visa package with tons of pictures, letters from people, including a letter of invitaion from my mother, from his employer, from the head government official of his village, his school, his teachers etc etc.. tons of pictures of us showing the span of our relationship,including pictures of him in Korea. And soo much more. We provided so much info b/c he does not have assets and makes 5000 baht a month fixing air conditioners. We mailed in the applicaiton and he went in for an interview today. They said as we suspected that everything we provided was not a guraentee he would return, as his school is payed for by the government (adult ed) and he makes so little at his job. But after asking questions about me, my mom (who he met and spent time with) and flat out said you could earn so much more money in Canada why should we believe you?? He just told them the truth, he is the yongest of six, all of them have families,aside from him and it is his obligation to take care of his mother (his father has been dead for a long time) he could never leave her. So they talked about his family and she just said fianlly, I believe you. You can have the visa. But you better return etc etc.

The catch is that he has to return to the embassy once he has a return plane ticket (we didnt buy one yet b/c they are not refundable)and he will be given the visa that day. So needless to say I would feel better if he physically had it, but I was not there during the interview and he said he is a 100% sure he has the visa, she filled out the paper work and kept his passport. He also said that in the end she was super nice to him, which is great as I thought they would eat him alive.

So basically I really want to say thanks to the people who answered all my questions. While there is not a lot of info about Canada all the informaition on here is so helpful.

We were originally going to try to get a visa to the US as well to see my dad, but this has been such a long, nerv racking experience, one visa is enough for the both of us right now. Plus my dad will just come to Canada to meet him. A little easier.

So again thank you.

Meme.