Australian beaten by 7-man gang behind South Pattaya Market

webfact

Australian beaten by 7-man gang behind South Pattaya Market

bike-1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 52 year old Australian was beaten by a group of 7 young men after he was forced to stop his motorbike behind the South Pattaya Road Market in the early hours of Tuesday.

Mr. Edward Spiller made his way to Pattaya Police Station after the incident and was assisted by his transsexual partner who was with him at the time.

He explained to Police that the pair were riding back to Mr. Spiller’s apartment when a group of 7 men on three motorbikes drove past them and appeared to stare at Mr. Spiller before driving off.

At the end of the street the gang had set-up a roadblock forcing Mr. Spiller to stop his bike. He was the set-upon by the gang and one of them attempted to steal his motorbike but Mr. Spiller was able to prevent the theft.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/98042/australian-beaten-7-man-gang-south-pattaya-market/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2013-08-06

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see why this should not be believable, what has the guy to gain from reporting a false story like this to the BIB? Nothing was stolen so not an insurance scam.There have been several news stories of similar cowardly attacks on expats in Pattaya.

Who knows,maybe she/he gave him the flogging?...giggle.gif

• Like 1

I like the lady boy part of the story. So instead of 7 Thais on 1

man, what you really have is 7 Thais on two men...

Not sure if things are being reported more, or crime is increasing.

Teen gangbangers setting up mini road blocks to rob tourists is

is not a good sign, assuming this story is true. Maybe time for

me to start carrying a knife....

Edited by EyesWideOpen

7 Vs 1 ...... WOW such courage , just a bunch of cowards for me. I dont see the point of telling in the article that the girl friend is a transsexual, I dont think it will change anything if it was a man or not. I just see 7 stupid guys .... Pattaya is not safe anymore.

Yes I do not see the relevance of highlighting the gender of a person, especially if chosen to be.... I guess it's to either implied that the other seven were the jealous friends or to give the impression that the Aussie is a perve.....it's like making a statement to the police that the lady who had her watch stolen wore red underwear.. Sorry editor very poor! In regards to Thailand it's a gamble living there as I say to everyone going there don't waster your money it's not worth the adventure. Lovely country but too much shit going on and it cannot be rectified through the police who benefit from it or with the legal system, who are deprived to only understanding Thais.... In the end you pay for everything! A teacher who dedicated his life to teaching Thais to English.... Beaten up. A man who has brought his whole life savings looses it to a cop. Results laws and more laws and explanations, ..... smile.png

I think it's known as giving the story impact, you have to admit that people will find it a more interesting read if there is something they find sinister, funny, shocking, etc.

The LB adds that to this story, so don't blame the editor for doing his job, which is to try and sell papers, or advertising (if it's a free paper).

• Like 1

I would say,the dear ladyboy may have run up some debts, i could be wrong....coffee1.gif

"Minor injuries were sustained to the Australian and nothing of value was stolen from him"

Tend to agree dudu---7 men---they hardly seemed to be bent on causing him much harm or taking any of his money.

Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

Does not sound like bs at all ?? Or look like bs. Sounds like the army should roll some trucks into Pattaya and take these motobike jerks away to a re-education camp.

Too many incidents are reported as BS which is unlikely in the majority of cases.

The odds 7 onto 1 sounds like their MO in the realm.

You could carry out a nationwide search and be lucky to find a real man bah.gif

• Like 2

A wrong look in their direction, some minor incident or whatever. That is all that it needs these days.

I recently had a silly incident that could have turned into a fight. Turning left off Sukhumvit road a m/c 3 up tried to cut inside me as I turned. My first instinct was to curse the stupidity of the act.

No way they could hear me, but they saw the look on my face and me mouthing words. The driver of the m/c got in front of me and kept slowing, glaring at me. It was obviouys he was an angry man.

It was only due to one of his passengers actions that stopped him ( she kept shaking her head at him and shouting at him ).

After about 2 Kms he turned off with a venomous glare.

Never mind the ladyboy bit, 7 guys on three bikes ride past a random farang and set up a road block to steal his bike.

Sounds like a bs story to me.

Unless it was a Harley or something.....even then you'd think one would follow him home and they'd blag it later.

Nope.....bs.

This crime is very comon in and around Pattaya its not bs at all, it happened to my son with a brand new Mio, we got the bike back damaged as they had sold it for 2,000 baht to another teenager and he went racing around (not run in motor)!!!

The cops are just not tough enough on these slime balls of shit. bah.gif

Edited by newermonkey

Not so unbelievable, a gang of about 150 motorbike morons partially blocked the highway to Bang Pahan on July 20th and tried to prevent me from driving through, they were upset that I had sounded by warning device at them for being on the highway (i was just being polite). They took umbrage at my politeness and attempted to block our way and threatened us, however, my large SUV is not afraid of a few morons in motorbikes and I let them know it by ploughing through... imagine if I had stopped? what were their plans? to have a quiet chat perhaps? the lawlessness in Thailand is not limited to Pattaya, Phuket, Samui etc, it is all over the country. Young and old have no respect for the property or lives of others and are quite willing to do any stupid, reckless and violent thing to protect their honor if sleighted in any way, perceived or real. And they are not afraid of the police. Our incident took place a mere 300 meters from the highway police station. When I suggested we call the police and let them know there is a gang of motorbike morons nearby to their station my wife and her family (Thai) laughed at me. Welcome to the LOS

Exactly----Welcome to the LOS-------When you have been here a little longer you will learn not to sound your "warning device?" and to concentrate only on the road ahead. Think of it this way--------- Why should I care what they do ?

• Like 1

....like I said before.....the reason for a 'shortage of workers' is that...............crime pays....way better than working.....

.....my 'wife' taught my 3 year old to lie to me.....like she had been taught.......

...lying and cheating are a way of life here....taught early....and westerners are the perfect targets........

.......so who wants to work......nobody...westerners, ironically, have to work and go through hell too, with visas, work permits, etc.....

....just to be robbed at the end of the day....

....or stabbed to death because someone didn't like our face or voice or whatever.....

You managed to get a ''special'' lady then?

• Like 2

Never mind the ladyboy bit, 7 guys on three bikes ride past a random farang and set up a road block to steal his bike.

Sounds like a bs story to me.

Unless it was a Harley or something.....even then you'd think one would follow him home and they'd blag it later.

Nope.....bs.

This crime is very comon in and around Pattaya its not bs at all, it happened to my son with a brand new Mio, we got the bike back damaged as they had sold it for 2,000 baht to another teenager and he went racing around (not run in motor)!!!

The cops are just not tough enough on these slime balls of shit. bah.gif

It's not up to cops to be tough.That is what the law is for,represented by a judge in court.Yes i know TIT,but most people obey the law.