An honest Lady Boy

diggerdo

Ok, so I am in a bar last night and the guy beside me has just paid his bill, what followed left me gob smacked; I noticed at the same time as one of the staff ladyboys a small wad of bills on the floor, the outer bill was a 1000 for sure and there was more than one bill but not too many so I am guessing a minimum of 2 x 1000's up to a possible maximum of maybe 5 x 1000's. Anyway the LB picked up the wad, tapped the bloke on his shoulder and said excuse me you dropped your money, the look of disgust the guy gave the LB was really strange, it was like he felt the LB had pick pocketed him, he just grabbed the money back, shoved it in his pocket and stared the LB down, he never said thank you, bought a drink or left a wee tip. When he left the LB said "next time I just keep, why he not say thank you" a sentiment I had to agree with ,

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 2

and why do you think that Russians aren't civilized?

I for one consider manners to be part of being civil, and as a rule manners is a trait lacking in Russian friends, and similarly lacking in the guy at the bar last night.

The few Russians I know are the most friendly people I have ever seen. But my sample size is pretty small....

The customer could have thought "I don't remember paying for that".

Then thought he had been knocked back by the LB.............

Hoping his mates never find out.......................blink.png

On the other hand, he may just have been a tw@t

Edited by chrisinth

and why do you think that Russians aren't civilized?

I for one consider manners to be part of being civil, and as a rule manners is a trait lacking in Russian friends, and similarly lacking in the guy at the bar last night.

I agree with you 100%

Sadly our hosts aren't too well mannered either.

Try being a padestrian trying to avoid motorcycles that suddenly pull in front of you because they forget the turn and have a mobile glued to thier ear. Worse still are taxi drivers in and around thier base.

Maybe he decided to give up smoking on the spot and purposely disposed of his cigar lighting bills. That someone put a damper to his cunning plan must have displeased him, hence no gratitude shown to the honest person. facepalm.gif

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 2

Maybe he decided to give up smoking on the spot and purposely disposed of his cigar lighting bills. That someone put a damper to his cunning plan must have displeased him, hence no gratitude shown to the honest person. facepalm.gif

Mate ... that was worth a like.

But I'd start to wonder about the company you keep here on TV ... tongue.png

• Like 2

I noticed at the same time as one of the staff ladyboys a small wad of bills on the floor ...... .... Anyway the LB picked up the wad, tapped the bloke on his shoulder and said excuse me you dropped your money...

[ quote ]

It's fair to guess that, had the OP not been there, the staff would have done the same.. whistling.gif

I noticed at the same time as one of the staff ladyboys a small wad of bills on the floor ...... .... Anyway the LB picked up the wad, tapped the bloke on his shoulder and said excuse me you dropped your money...

[ quote ]

It's fair to guess that, had the OP not been there, the staff would have done the same.. whistling.gif

maybe, maybe not....

I had a taxi driver: didn't see it good and one of the 50 Baht was 500 Baht and off I was.....he had to run half the airport to find me and catch me to give me back 450 Baht.

I gave him half as tipp....

While not condoning the patron's churlish behavior, anyone who says,

"next time I just keep"

does not sound honest to me.

But then, an understandable reaction after not even have received a mere thank you.

Sent from my I-405 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

[ quote ]

maybe, maybe not....

I had a taxi driver: didn't see it good and one of the 50 Baht was 500 Baht and off I was.....he had to run half the airport to find me and catch me to give me back 450 Baht.

Well, to be honest i had similar experiences too, although my uneducated guess is that people who work in bars are a bit more opportunist than the average..

[ quote ]

maybe, maybe not....

Well, to be honest i had similar experiences too, although my uneducated guess is that people who work in bars are a bit more opportunist than the average..

well true....

"next time I just keep"

Yeah well, I would probably have said the same thing.

You don't sound like an honest person.

People who do the right thing do so because it is the right thing, not because they are seeking out a congratulations for doing the right thing!

• Like 1

I met an honest prostitute once.

Also a ladyboy.

Once an honest accountant.

Met an honest Thai politician :lol:

If the op hadn't seen the money the guy would probably have kept it.

I presume you are in a tourist prostitute bar?

"next time I just keep"

Yeah well, I would probably have said the same thing.

You don't sound like an honest person.

People who do the right thing do so because it is the right thing, not because they are seeking out a congratulations for doing the right thing!

You obviously know me;-)

I give tips even though the services I get are what the people get p[aid to do. Likewise, I say thank you if someone helps me out, is honest, does the right thing. My experience has been that this is always appreciated, no matter the motives.

I am a sexist. But this applies only to my sex orientation.

On all other occasions I am just as polite to lady boys as to ladies. Maybe even more.

Reasons?

- many lady boys are better looking than many ladies;

- I probably feel sorry for them - no reason except that I'm sexist;

- there is less contradiction between 'honest' and 'lady boy' than there is between 'honest' and a 'lady' (I said, I'm a sexist!).

I may be wrong. I may not know lady boys well enough. But I sure as hell know ladies.tongue.png