scoopy, fino or click

nellyp

I've had 2 Fino's and never ever had a problem with them.

Get on, start it and away I / we go.

I added a box to the rear for shopping - much better than a basket at the front.

The thing is, some people have a bad experience with a small bike and condemn them after that.

I'd agree with the sentiment posted earlier.... Let her choose which one.

Look at a Filano for your wife. Quiet, easy and cute. Bought one for my gal and her teenage daughter, they are small but carry alot and very easy to maneuver. I ride a big bike, but love scootering around on the lil filano. Inexpensive as well. Had ours almost 2 years and not one problem. Up to you, in

Agreed. Went out recently for either a Scoopy or Fino for my wife and went home with a Yamaha Filano, great little bike!

Mileage wise, a wave is the best but I'd ask you first if your wife is tall and skinny or not.

If she's short like 5 feet, a wave is perfect as the seat is lower to the ground.

If she's taller, scoopy is better and if really tall like 5 feet 8 or up, a click is better as it's more elevated. I'm 6 feet 1 and tend to prefer the taller ones because the click tends to cramp my legs while a click is just fine.

The PCX 150 isn't really a good option because the bike is fat and can't manouver as easily in traffic jams so while it maybe good to look at and drive smoothly, you'll be stuck in traffic more. Additionally it's a lot heavier and it's more prone to falling on one side because of it's weight. I've seen both farangs and thai's fall over and injure themselves due to it.

Anyways best of luck choosing a bike.

I'm about 105kg and 6 ft tall. I ride a click I around quite comfortable. The scoopy and fino are a little small so I'd say if your near my size go the click. Even better, go have a try on them and see how you feel. Nice amount of power on the click for a scooter also.

I've been driving a Yamaha Fino for the past 3 years. Never an issue. Lots of storage space in the front by my feet. Very stable. Great power, motorbikes at a traffic light eat my dust!

maybe theyre just waiting for the red light runners and yr not...

sorry: fino and scoopy are generic equivalents, with the yammie having a less embarrassing name. rode both and they did the job, were fun & practical in-town and short runs town-to-town... buy on price, used, one year old or so, for maybe 30k. discount for embarassing factory stickers.

for reference, i helped a client buy a new black/tan scoopy, and the negotiated price upcountry 4 months ago was ± THB 43k.

• Like 1

I have a had a Scoopy for over two years and very impressed with it. Very easy to ride and 100% reliable. My girlfriend wanted a bike and I told her the Scoopy is FI (maybe the Fino is now) but she was 100% sure she wanted the Fino, I think because in her view it is nicer looking. Moral of the story, let the ladies decide what is best for them.

Are you aiming to have your wife killed, or just simply maimed?

You must be kidding, why would you even contemplate letting anyone you love get on a Motor Cycle here, have you noted the accident statistics?

Even if she isn't killed, she could be crippled for the rest of her life as a result of just a small road accident. I urge you and your wife, before you put her on "the seat to destruction" to go and visit a local Public Hospital, they probably won't let you look at Road Accident victims in the Mortuary but you should be able to "visit" the general Authopedic wards and have a look at people in traction, pins holding arms, legs, hips together.

As a journalist, I visited many such places over my working life and recently I spent time in hospital here having surgery on a non-traffic related shoulder injury. They told me that the overwhelming percentage of my fellow patients, were there as a result of road carnage.

There is no way I would allow my wife or daughter on a motorbike anywhere, but in particular, here in Thailand. Do yourself a favour, take your wife and have a look at some of these victims. If you love her, you won't let her anywwhere near a motor bike.

Unfortunately, this advice will probably be ignored by most. I'd say this advice applies to many things: Watch what Thai people do and then don't do it. I'd have her pick out a bicycle at the most and a motorbike-quality helmet with eye protection - air pollution protection would be a plus.

Edited by MaxYakov
  • Like 1

Noboby metions the new zoomer x. Reason for that?

I might be interested in buying one but have not heard too many reviews, good or bad....

Haven't had a chance to ride one, personally. I'd say from a simple aesthetics standpoint they look way cooler than any of the other choices. I like the big fat tires too. It's the same engine as the Scoopy, though, only 110cc.

Are you aiming to have your wife killed, or just simply maimed?

You must be kidding, why would you even contemplate letting anyone you love get on a Motor Cycle here, have you noted the accident statistics?

Even if she isn't killed, she could be crippled for the rest of her life as a result of just a small road accident. I urge you and your wife, before you put her on "the seat to destruction" to go and visit a local Public Hospital, they probably won't let you look at Road Accident victims in the Mortuary but you should be able to "visit" the general Authopedic wards and have a look at people in traction, pins holding arms, legs, hips together.

As a journalist, I visited many such places over my working life and recently I spent time in hospital here having surgery on a non-traffic related shoulder injury. They told me that the overwhelming percentage of my fellow patients, were there as a result of road carnage.

There is no way I would allow my wife or daughter on a motorbike anywhere, but in particular, here in Thailand. Do yourself a favour, take your wife and have a look at some of these victims. If you love her, you won't let her anywwhere near a motor bike.

Unfortunately, this advice will probably be ignored by most. I'd say this advice applies to many things: Watch what Thai people do and then don't do it. I'd have her pick out a bicycle at the most and a motorbike-quality helmet with eye protection - air pollution protection would be a plus.

I bicycle? On Thai roads? THAT is a death sentence. At least if OP's wife is on a scooter she can keep pace with traffic. If she's on a bicycle they'll run her right off the street without thinking twice.

Slower does not always equal safer.

I've been driving a Yamaha Fino for the past 3 years.  Never an issue.  Lots of storage space in the front by my feet.  Very stable. Great power, motorbikes at a traffic light eat my dust!  

maybe theyre just waiting for the red light runners and yr not...

sorry: fino and scoopy are generic equivalents, with the yammie having a less embarrassing name. rode both and they did the job, were fun & practical in-town and short runs town-to-town... buy on price, used, one year old or so, for maybe 30k. discount for embarassing factory stickers.

for reference, i helped a client buy a new black/tan scoopy, and the negotiated price upcountry 4 months ago was ± THB 43k.

Sorry but that's ripped off. Upcountry they're in the 30k price range.

The best bike to get her is the bike she chooses. Otherwise, anything that may go wrong will be your fault. Take her shopping, let her make the decision, and you my friend will always be a happy man. Such is life.

Read the following first. http://www.thaitravelbug.com/products/negotiating-in-paradise/

How true - in the end it will come down to the colour. If its pink its good.

I bought my girl a Fino,

and we've ridden two up on it loads of times and loads of places,

I am 95 kilo, shes about 48.

So thats a good load for a small bike.

Super reliable, responsive and fun.

Just my opinion mind you, i'm sure you'll get many!

Good luck with your decision and purchase.

CLICK, 2 years old or so. Just before the bigger 125 c.c. size one. The helmet in it is called.

Thai ladies say these newer bikes are too big, too high, do not want to ride them.

The old 110 c.c. ones are what they like.

Got rid of one FINO. She did not like it. Too sluggish...

I've had 2 Fino's and never ever had a problem with them.

Get on, start it and away I / we go.

I added a box to the rear for shopping - much better than a basket at the front.

The thing is, some people have a bad experience with a small bike and condemn them after that.

Two Fino's in a row had the same exact problem. IMO you were lucky and I'd be stupid to buy a third.

Mileage wise, a wave is the best but I'd ask you first if your wife is tall and skinny or not.

If she's short like 5 feet, a wave is perfect as the seat is lower to the ground.

If she's taller, scoopy is better and if really tall like 5 feet 8 or up, a click is better as it's more elevated. I'm 6 feet 1 and tend to prefer the taller ones because the click tends to cramp my legs while a click is just fine.

The PCX 150 isn't really a good option because the bike is fat and can't manouver as easily in traffic jams so while it maybe good to look at and drive smoothly, you'll be stuck in traffic more. Additionally it's a lot heavier and it's more prone to falling on one side because of it's weight. I've seen both farangs and thai's fall over and injure themselves due to it.

Anyways best of luck choosing a bike.

Never ever had a problem getting through traffic on my PCX and the bike has never ever hinted at tipping over and never in 4 years of living in Pattaya have I seen someone have a problem with a PCX. Though given the odds and the 1000's of people on PCX's I haven't seen, I'm sure some have had problems tipping over; they just don't know how to drive or weren't paying attention to what they were doing. Having said this I wouldn't necessarily recommend a PCX for a smaller lady, though I've seen many on them.

Look at a Filano for your wife. Quiet, easy and cute. Bought one for my gal and her teenage daughter, they are small but carry alot and very easy to maneuver. I ride a big bike, but love scootering around on the lil filano. Inexpensive as well. Had ours almost 2 years and not one problem. Up to you, in

I rented a Filano last year. A fine bike but I found it too sluggish. My impression was its a 110cc engine similar to the Scoopy but on a bigger and heavier bike. No real reason to get this over a Scoopy. The fuel tank location is supposed to be the big innovation but its more of a gimmick. In real life its better to have a pocket there, like to scoopy and Fino have.

Fino has a rep for bad quality. Not exactly bad, actually, just not bulletproof like the Hondas. Two friends of mine bout used ones and had nothing but problems with them. Scoopy never had an issue and my own Honda wave had a grand total of one repair in the past 8 years - a new chain for 400 baht.

Scoopy for me. Other considerations apart, build quality is excellent.

Probably my poor technique but I use the rear brake much as I would a clutch. Those little things can get away from you manouvering at slow speed.

Edited by Bpuumike

Yamaha Thailand is NOT the same as yamaha japan, both are totally different companies.

go for honda in Thailand, much better support and spare parts.

My GF has a click 110, which I use some days and tune it up.

Limit speed: 100Km/h, I make 42-44Km/L Gasohol 91. it's already 15,000 KM. and runs faster than most new scooters.

I have sport michelin 90/90 tires, YSS shocks, best synthetic oil, change air filters and oil every 2000 Km.

amazing bike, I smoke all other scooters out of red light. even the waves.

The new clicks have much more space inside. even the zoomer X is a very easy to handle bike.

*Pictures are old, still on the old shitty brand tires. the Michelin are so much more agile and responsive to the curves...

post-59437-0-37860200-1375888403_thumb.j

post-59437-0-52770300-1375888441_thumb.j

Edited by brfsa2

My gf has been riding about on her beat-up 12 year-old bike she's had since her teens. Basically held together by string and hope. She can only ride it in the daytime because the light doesn't work. So I decided I would buy her a new one for her birthday (two months early).

During a recent conversation, I asked in hypothetical terms, if she won the lottery what bike she would buy. She said the Honda MSX. Doesn't seem built for taking the kids to school or bringing home the groceries. But we don't have those 'problems' yet. smile.png I'm generally pretty 'kee niao', so I figured that I could spoil her on this one. So I transferred the money to her account last weekend as a surprise. She went nuts on the phone...I think I could hear her jumping up and down. Then, I told her she will have to keep this one for 12 years also....

My gf has been riding about on her beat-up 12 year-old bike she's had since her teens. Basically held together by string and hope. She can only ride it in the daytime because the light doesn't work. So I decided I would buy her a new one for her birthday (two months early).

During a recent conversation, I asked in hypothetical terms, if she won the lottery what bike she would buy. She said the Honda MSX. Doesn't seem built for taking the kids to school or bringing home the groceries. But we don't have those 'problems' yet. smile.png I'm generally pretty 'kee niao', so I figured that I could spoil her on this one. So I transferred the money to her account last weekend as a surprise. She went nuts on the phone...I think I could hear her jumping up and down. Then, I told her she will have to keep this one for 12 years also....

That MSX is a fun little bike. I seriously considered buying one a few months back. I'm just too big for it. I could ride it by myself but with a passenger? Wasn't gonna happen laugh.png

Hope your gf enjoys it.

The Click is by far the best of the three.

Modern 125cc engine <=> 108/110cc

Liquid cooled <=> air cooled.

Large under-seat storage

BUT, as it is for a girl, the Click might not look fancy enough.

We have a Click 110FI, a Scoopy and a Wave.

All bikes ~2 years old.

My wife uses the Scoopy only, although she has confirmed, that the Click has a more powerful engine and is quieter.

At least, it's a matter of taste, if you chose a Scoopy, Fino or Click.

If resale value is important, go for a Honda.

I would 7 seven days a week get a Click without even a doubt!!! Storage is great, easy to handly in rough conditions. My wife is small too, and have no problem whatsoever to handla a click.... When shopping can storage a great deal of bags on it and 2 adults and 2 small children fits easy if you are into that... I did it for 3 years.....

I trust the Click 100% and on longer trips there is no hesiation at all what to choose...

C L I C K

Glegolo