Tourist Assistance Centre opens office in Phuket Town

webfact

Tourist Assistance Centre opens office in Phuket Town
Tanyaluk Sakoot

1375854216_1.jpg
Santi Pawai: Tourism Ministry has been asked to approve a new building for the TAC.

PHUKET: -- The Tourist Assistance Centre (TAC) has opened a second, temporary, office to help tourists, at Surakul Stadium on the edge of Phuket Town.

There is already a TAC office at Phuket International Airport, and offices in 10 other provinces apart from Phuket.

Santi Pawai, director of the Phuket Office of Tourism and Sport, to whom the local TAC reports, told The Phuket News, “I believe more TACs will be established in other provinces to provide help for tourists.

“Currently we have only 10 staff in Phuket [covering both offices]. I want to get more in preparation for the Asean Economic Community [in December 2015] and because the numbers of tourists are continually increasing.

“I think the TAC is an advantage for Phuket tourism because we can help tourists to understand things and give them correct information.”

The office at the stadium is temporary, he added. “The TAC will have a new building. I have already sent a request for approval of the idea to the Ministry of Tourism and Sport.” So far, however, a site for the new building has not been identified.

TAC staff man the airport office around the clock, but the stadium office will be open only during normal office hours. The TAC cooperates closely with the Tourist police and other police, the Marine Department and the Tourist Association of Thailand to solve tourists’ problems.

Mr Santi said, “Anyone can call the TAC for help with tourists’ problems. The number is 076 327 100.”

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/tourist-assistance-centre-opens-office-in-phuket-town-41251.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2013-08-07

I know if i had a probel with a tuk tuk the first thing I would want to do is take a tuk tuk over to Phuket town from Patong/Karon etc.... at a cost of THB600?? in order to complain about my experience! Then pay another THB600 to get back!

• Like 2

What power will this office have when it comes to helping tourists being scammed, will there be Tourist police officers present at all time, ready to take instant action? thats the burning question!

good job

we need one [or 5 ] in samui as well

if the office was in Patong beach area it would be the busiest place there

perfect for setting up a food cart , or taxi stand , atms

lots of opportunities there

honestly i hope they have some guts to do something

lets wait and see

• Like 1

good job

we need one [or 5 ] in samui as well

if the office was in Patong beach area it would be the busiest place there

perfect for setting up a food cart , or taxi stand , atms

lots of opportunities there

honestly i hope they have some guts to do something

lets wait and see

the excuse was - cannot find a suitable location in Patong, <deleted> i can see 100 on my way home every day!

I know if i had a probel with a tuk tuk the first thing I would want to do is take a tuk tuk over to Phuket town from Patong/Karon etc.... at a cost of THB600?? in order to complain about my experience! Then pay another THB600 to get back!

If you did have a problem with a tuk-tuk, you would most likely be in an ambulance heading to the nearest hospital, rather than trying to get into Phuket Town to complain. smile.pngsmile.png

Based on the tuk-tuk and jetski and motorbike rental etc etc etc etc scams - they would have been better setting up there office inside the hospital. :) :)

Then again, put the office where nobody can find you, or do not want to pay to get to you, and you can claim - "everybody happy Phuket - nobody complain our office." :) :)

Edited by NamKangMan